ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Outside of Immigration Rules Visa - PO?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ellie_M
Newly Registered

Extension of Outside of Immigration Rules Visa - PO?

Post by Ellie_M » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi all, was just about to book an appointment to extend the LOTR in one of the POs and it seems that this is not the option :(

Anyone has experience of doing this in person or postal application is the only option?

Current LOTR was granted almost 3 years ago after winning appeal.

Also, would be really useful to understand another option, eg whether the person can switch from LOTR to a family member Visa? This person was on student dependent visa for few years, then got Tier 2 dependent refusal (non-disclosure of a motoring offense) when a student became a Tier 2 applicant. Won appeal and got LOTR. Now 3 years on the main applicant has received ILR and what does the spouse do? Extend current LOTR for a further 3 years (from what I heard before) or can apply and get a new - Resident dependent status? He's been in the UK for more than 6 years now.

Please advise

Many Thanks :(

satandrive
Newly Registered

Re: Extension of Outside of Immigration Rules Visa - PO?

Post by satandrive » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello Ellie,

Hope you well.

We are on the same situation where my wife was given LOTR for 2.5 years after we won the appeal and now I've acquired British Citizenship.

Question is whether we go for another extension of LOTR or apply for dependent visa for her?

Could you please advise how did you proceed with this and what was the outcome?

Many thanks in advance,
Mohan