ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newsettlement
Newly Registered

help

Post by newsettlement » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Suvi001 wrote:@newsettlement.
Your question is quite basic. If you are browsing this forum from long time you probably know UKBA website and get all basic information from there. Iam not saying not to ask questions but few basic things can be found from UKBA website and also by spending some time browing . Dont expect long list of answers for your questions. Some times it looks foolish.
Dont mind what I said but that was my feeling.

Any way I tried to answer your questions below

You have to apply for settlement dependent Visa. Make online application (VAF4A) and book appointment. You need to take printoff of online application form and APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A)
FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM and supporting documents as per UKBA guidence document. Put all documents and as many as possible.

To test relationship is genuine or not BHC will see

1) Marriage certificate
2) Wedding card,
3) Wedding photos (15-20)
4) Your email exchanges
5) Phone bills since you started having conversations
6) Facebook timelines or Skpe logs
7) Flight tickets when you first met her
8) Flight tickets when you visited india for wedding
9) Full Passport copy of stamped dates
10) Any greeting cards between your self
11) Sponser letter for your depended wife
12) SU07 form( Not necessary but include incase)

For Accomodation check

1) House Photographs
2) Rest refer UKBA supporting documents include as many a u can

For Sponser financial requirements

1) Job contract, Letter of Employer, Last 12 months pay slips, P60's etc

If any one can think any more docs the add to the above List

What sponser letter do we need to include.

Can I have a format please

stitaprajna

Re: hi

Post by stitaprajna » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 pm

kumarpriya wrote: Hi, It got rejected because they do not consider it as genuine marriage
Can you please explain some more about what documents you submitted about marriage and relationship and now what are you planning to provide?
Just want to be sure if I have submitted all the required documents.

Thanks.
Many Thanks,
Stit

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi all

I went to appeal hearing and it went well my judge was very strixt andcasked me alot of questions.however the home office representative even before tge gearing gad started met me n my barrister and saud the refusal WAS INCORRECT.my lawyer said it wentvwell justvwaiting for decision letter now will take two weeks hoping for the best

@kumar priya

Be confudent at first when I saw the judge I couldnt even say my dob but then as she asked questions of my marriage etc I told the truth and felt confident just hoping it should be fine
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

alice57
Newly Registered

Post by alice57 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am

Last edited by alice57 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Karan1589
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Karan1589 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 am

Hi, Alice57 I dnt think it could b a problem coz there will b contact end date mention in his job latter... So I think there is nothing to worry abt... Gud luck nd must tell when u applied in January coz me too applied sattlement visa in January... Gud luck

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpriya » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 am

hi,

@Skaur

Thanks for the update provided. It is strange that the home office representative himself told you that the Refusal was incorrect then how he has done the arguments ? So Is your solicitor confident that you will win this appeal ? how long the hearing was ? Please update when you get the determination letter.
ALL THE BEST.

@stitaprajna

We have all the document as per the list given by Suvi001 in the above post still they don't consider that this is genuine marriage then in the appeal we have included supporting letter from all the family members including marriage expenses bills.

desmortess

Re: Spouse visa

Post by desmortess » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:07 pm

K_Karan wrote:30/03/2013 mate. I too haven't got UK NARIC certificate is that a mandatory but when I checked in the PBS calculator I got 10 points does that mean in my case the document is not mandatory. I am confused could some senior members please advice.
desmortess wrote:
K_Karan wrote:
desmortess wrote:Here are my timeline:

Visa Applied = 27 February 2013

Status changed to "Visa application forwarded to British High commission, Chennai" = 4 March 2013

After this no news and no updates? UKBA always hectic.

Anyone applied in the same period and waiting for the results?

Hello desmortess,

I applied on 26th Feb 2013 in bangalore and the status is "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission" is the same since day 1.

What I heard from VFS is UKBA take minimum of 64 working days, no idea why the hell they take so many days.
hi mate

what date did u put as your intend date to travel?

thanks
Hey karan

Did you pay for sms update in VFS ?

Thanks

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:16 pm

desmortess wrote:
K_Karan wrote:30/03/2013 mate. I too haven't got UK NARIC certificate is that a mandatory but when I checked in the PBS calculator I got 10 points does that mean in my case the document is not mandatory. I am confused could some senior members please advice.
desmortess wrote:
K_Karan wrote:

Hello desmortess,

I applied on 26th Feb 2013 in bangalore and the status is "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission" is the same since day 1.

What I heard from VFS is UKBA take minimum of 64 working days, no idea why the hell they take so many days.
hi mate

thanks
Hey karan

Thanks
Hello desmortess,

Yes we did.

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:09 pm

To be honest there was no arguments the home office guu was really nice even came outside the court afterwards to shake my hand. The questions the judge askes me where

My dob husbands dob why I got married again have my kids mwt h do u no eaxh othwr from before what I do for work and what my husband qorks as in india

Hav3 faith believe in yourself u have a right to be wirh ur partnwr in uk you just have to explain the truth I was very scared and I just said gods names and the words just came out . Just take ur time and answeer slowly and calmly.

Im praying to god everyday for the results and when he gets bis v8sa will fly out to amritsar gold3n temple to get blessing and say thank u to god and collect my hubby
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

desmortess

Post by desmortess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 am

K_Karan wrote:
desmortess wrote:
desmortess wrote:
hi mate

thanks
Hey karan

Thanks
Hello desmortess,

Yes we did.
Hi karan

I think if we pay for sms updates then probably your application gets updated now and then.
(I have not paid for the sms updates so my status remains the same)

Thanks anyway

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 am

desmortess wrote:
K_Karan wrote:
desmortess wrote:
Hey karan

Thanks
Hello desmortess,

Yes we did.
Hi karan

I think if we pay for sms updates then probably your application gets updated now and then.
(I have not paid for the sms updates so my status remains the same)

Thanks anyway
Hi desmortess,

Nope not really, the last SMS was on 28th of Feb after that nothing till now. I guess the status update in website and SMS are done at the same time.

gdl
Mood:
India

Post by gdl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 am

Hi- I applied on 26th Feb 2013 from Mumbai.

desmortess wrote:Here are my timeline:

Visa Applied = 27 February 2013

Status changed to "Visa application forwarded to British High commission, Chennai" = 4 March 2013

After this no news and no updates? UKBA always hectic.

Anyone applied in the same period and waiting for the results?

gdl
Mood:
India

Hi

Post by gdl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 am

Hi- I applied on 26th Feb 2013 from Mumbai.

K_Karan wrote:Hello desmortess,

I applied on 26th Feb 2013 in bangalore and the status is "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission" is the same since the day 1.

gdl
Mood:
India

Re: Pls help

Post by gdl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi,

I had applied through a solicitor on 7th July 2012. Nothing has happened till date. We decided to submit my application again personally in Mumbai along with the passport- so we did on 26 Feb 2013.

Please reply on your status.

Regards
G

Sure12345 wrote:Hi am watching this forum for two months thanks for doing this. I have applied for uk fiancé settlement visa in 2 jul 2012 but still haven't got any reply yet. It's 120 working days over. As far I know it is not usual I was interview on oct 29. They didn't ask any critical ques just basic ques for 15 mins. Is there any one here who applied in jul waiting for result. Any idea why they still delaying. I believe since they delayed too much it could be rejected pls give your honest opinion pls thanks

gdl
Mood:
India

Post by gdl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi!

What's your situation now? Have you got the visa?

We applied through solicitor on 7th July 2012 and then re-submitted application with passport in Mumbai on the 26th of Feb 2013.

The wait has been too too long.

Regards,
GD
abt2710 wrote:Ours is a second marriage . Send many mail's to BHC . In their last reply it is menioned that they are waiting for the reply from external agency . Later i send another mail on last week . No reply . Again i send another mail today morning & i got reply that they recognised our difficulties .Nothing more . Contacted local mp on 4 day's back & waiting for the reply . I subimtted application on 28th March 2012 ..

Penny_78
Newly Registered

Post by Penny_78 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:57 pm

[quote="Penny_78"]Hi

We have recently been refused a fiancé visa on the grounds the ECO doesn’t believe we are not in a genuine relationship. A bit of back ground my fiancé is an overstayer who I met in the UK, we spent 8 months together before making the decision that he would return (at his own expense) to India to make an application.

'lack of personal contact and lack of evidence of regular correspondence between you. I am not satisfied that you have genuinely formed a relationship, that you have been in regular contact and that you relationship is subsisting and durable with genuine outward signs of affection and companionship'

Hi

I hope someone can offer me some advice on what additional documents i can submit for my appeal. I understand all additional evidence is specifically related to reasons given for refusal.

The additional evidence i can submit since my fiancé return to india is itemised phones bills (for both us), greetings cards, screenshots of skype i have also been able to screen prints our iMessages which are about 45 pages and i can also get around 10 more statements from family and friends.

Does that sound any good? Also i am wondering does all the information i submit have to be up until the date of refusal which was Feb 2013? Or can i submit evidence up until the date of appeal hearing?

Also i have recently returned from a two week trip so i have flights tickets/ passport stamps/ pictures from dates out (made sure we had land marks in back ground i.e golden temple) also i have receipts from restaurants. can this be submitted as additional evidence or will it not be considered as again it is after the date of refusal?

Would be great to hear from others that have been in a similar situation and overturned the decision at appeal.

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 am

To K_Karan

Am a junior member but this is what I have to say from experience;
According to UKBA website concerning English requirement if you have obtained a degree from a country which is not in the UKBA list of English speaking country then the degree is ONLY accepted and gets to exempt you from writing the English test ONLY if it's been assessed by UK NARIC and confirmed that it's equivalent to British standards.if your degree gets to be assessed by UK NARIC and it's confirmed it's equivalent to UK standards then UKBA will accept your degree certificate and exempt you from writing the test.If you enter your degree in the English part of the PBS calculator and that degree scores 10 points it's interpreted as it's being equivalant to British standard.This PBS calculator is operated officially by UK NARIC but a printout of this calculator showing the 10 points from personal experience is not acceptable and NOT recognized by UKBA and you MAY be refused visa because of that.If you have a degree certificate and it's not from those officially accepted English speaking country,the best way to get it to exempt you from writing the English test is to get UK NARIC to assess your degree and deem it equivalant of British standards..When you enter your degree in the PBS English assessment part and you score 10 points you are right to say your degree is British equivalent but you will have to apply to UK NARIC to get you the confirmation,it's only then that you get to fully meet the English language requirement hence UKBA will accept and exempt you from writing the English test

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm

mirabeelz wrote:To K_Karan

Am a junior member but this is what I have to say from experience;
According to UKBA website concerning English requirement if you have obtained a degree from a country which is not in the UKBA list of English speaking country then the degree is ONLY accepted and gets to exempt you from writing the English test ONLY if it's been assessed by UK NARIC and confirmed that it's equivalent to British standards.if your degree gets to be assessed by UK NARIC and it's confirmed it's equivalent to UK standards then UKBA will accept your degree certificate and exempt you from writing the test.If you enter your degree in the English part of the PBS calculator and that degree scores 10 points it's interpreted as it's being equivalant to British standard.This PBS calculator is operated officially by UK NARIC but a printout of this calculator showing the 10 points from personal experience is not acceptable and NOT recognized by UKBA and you MAY be refused visa because of that.If you have a degree certificate and it's not from those officially accepted English speaking country,the best way to get it to exempt you from writing the English test is to get UK NARIC to assess your degree and deem it equivalant of British standards..When you enter your degree in the PBS English assessment part and you score 10 points you are right to say your degree is British equivalent but you will have to apply to UK NARIC to get you the confirmation,it's only then that you get to fully meet the English language requirement hence UKBA will accept and exempt you from writing the English test
Thanks mirabeelz. Anyway we've applied without NARIC, hoping for the best. When I applied for my Tire1, I provided the similar document for english language, fingers crossed.

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 pm

@ kumar priya

Hey u ok are u ready for the appeal.x I still havent heard anything yet although my judge did say 14 days time fr9m today do im assuming the 17th just reaally want him here. Spoke toy lawter who said hesconfident. Good luck n I hope u win babe xxx
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

Karan1589
Newly Registered

omg it takes near abt full time

Post by Karan1589 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 am

It's 56th workin day and still no update from them.... Can anyone have straight contact or email address of British Counsil? Coz my wife is an emergency nd she need me there bt...

alice57
Newly Registered

Re: omg it takes near abt full time

Post by alice57 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:17 am

Hi there, it's 62 working days for me today.Received a callon Monday from UK Embassy asking for ny spouse's employe referencer letter stating a few points which we earlier had missed out on. My husband couriered it on Wednesday and it's delivered atthe Chennai BHC r today morning.

Anyone has an idea how much time does it take for them to validate the received doc and process the application?

alice57
Newly Registered

Post by alice57 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 am

For newbies who are making a fresh application for spouse visa please make sure your spouse's mployer letter should state clearly confirming the following---

A the person's employment and gross annual salary;
B the length of their employment;
C the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;
D the type of employment ( contract or permanent )

We missed out on a point and had to resubmit the letter again ;(

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpriya » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:07 pm

sKAUR wrote:@ kumar priya

Hey u ok are u ready for the appeal.x I still havent heard anything yet although my judge did say 14 days time fr9m today do im assuming the 17th just reaally want him here. Spoke toy lawter who said hesconfident. Good luck n I hope u win babe xxx
Thanks dear, My hubby has to go for hearing, will update you about the same. Is there possibility also that the judge's decision doesn't come even after 14 days , have u checked with ur lawyer becoz in this forum I have read some people don't get there decision even after hearing till about a month. This needs to be clarified becoz I m so disappointed with this never ending process!!!! but no choice to wait.. please keep updating the status.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 pm

alice57 wrote:For newbies who are making a fresh application for spouse visa please make sure your spouse's mployer letter should state clearly confirming the following---

A the person's employment and gross annual salary;
B the length of their employment;
C the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;
D the type of employment ( contract or permanent )

We missed out on a point and had to resubmit the letter again ;(
You missed the hours a person works per week.It is a must requirement :wink:

erhnaks
Newly Registered

Re: omg it takes near abt full time

Post by erhnaks » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 am

alice57 wrote:Hi there, it's 62 working days for me today.Received a callon Monday from UK Embassy asking for ny spouse's employe referencer letter stating a few points which we earlier had missed out on. My husband couriered it on Wednesday and it's delivered atthe Chennai BHC r today morning.

Anyone has an idea how much time does it take for them to validate the received doc and process the application?
Between 5 to 10 working days. This is happened to couple of my friends too. And as soon as they submit the letter they ask for, they issued him the visa. It was taken between 3-6 working days for them. I should say start celebrating.