ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit and travel to UK without it?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

EEA Family Permit and travel to UK without it?

Post by Pablito » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Hello Everyone

Some time ago as some of you may know my wife applied for family permit which was refused on the grounds that our marriage is of convenience.

Some time later we managed to get Schengen visa and travel to Switzerland, at the moment both of us are looking for a job here in CH.

However I am already taking into consideration option nr.3 that our job hunting may be unsuccessful, for this reason I decided that my wife should apply for FP again.

So there are 2 scenarios that either my wife's family permit will be approved in which case if we are unsuccessful here in about 1 month time we will be nicely and easily off to UK, if in case FP is not approved again, we want to try border crossing.

My questions are: Does the decision made by ECO officer in the past may most likely affect our attempt to enter? Should I be worried ?

I know its very particular question and it may be difficult to answer, so I guess I am addressing it to senior members or those who know similar cases and their results.

Either way we will be trying this option, and I am also thinking to book airplane ticket with easyjet, which I understand may be problematic but not impossible?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 pm

You can't do border crossing with Easy Jet (or any other airline). You won't pass the check-in desk without a EEA FP (assuming the person is a visa national).

If you do get to Calais, then you previous refusal should not affect your entry although it might slow it. Be prepare to spend some time at the border.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Thank you Jambo, I think the problems may actually arise at the later stage if we already have a job in UK and apply for resident card?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Pablito wrote:Thank you Jambo, I think the problems may actually arise at the later stage if we already have a job in UK and apply for resident card?
Well, if the caseworker would have the same view as the ECO, just deal with it when it happens. I would not worry now about a "if" in future.