ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chloe_inuk
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Chloe_inuk » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:47 pm

My husband today got his spouse visa from JAMAICA!!!! After waiting six months for an interview, six very stressful months we finally got the result we had been hoping and praying for.
It was very very difficult we had no solicitor, Mark had overstayed in the UK for 6 years and had criminal convictions, if i remember one person told me on here to forget about it and begin life with him in jamaica!
WHAT A JOKE!!!!! Can i please advise anybody applying for a visa, do not give up, STAY STRONG, FOCUSED, and most importantly HAVE FAITH!!!!
Jamaica has the highest refusal rate and with my husband track record i was 70% sure he would get refused.
The applcation we submitted however was the size of a bible, every piece of evidence was there, these forums helped me a lot-i am grateful for them!!!!
If anybody would like any information on spouse visa's the evidence needed please let me know, its been the most stressful experience of my life, and i know how hard it is-as i said stay strong, keep fighting for your partner, don't at no stage give up!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

married already
Newly Registered

Re: SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!

Post by married already » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:34 am

Chloe_inuk wrote:My husband today got his spouse visa from JAMAICA!!!! After waiting six months for an interview, six very stressful months we finally got the result we had been hoping and praying for.
It was very very difficult we had no solicitor, Mark had overstayed in the UK for 6 years and had criminal convictions, if i remember one person told me on here to forget about it and begin life with him in jamaica!
WHAT A JOKE!!!!! Can i please advise anybody applying for a visa, do not give up, STAY STRONG, FOCUSED, and most importantly HAVE FAITH!!!!
Jamaica has the highest refusal rate and with my husband track record i was 70% sure he would get refused.
The applcation we submitted however was the size of a bible, every piece of evidence was there, these forums helped me a lot-i am grateful for them!!!!
If anybody would like any information on spouse visa's the evidence needed please let me know, its been the most stressful experience of my life, and i know how hard it is-as i said stay strong, keep fighting for your partner, don't at no stage give up!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations, Chloe!!! Hope you and your husband will have no such problems in the future!
My situation is slightly different from your husband's: I have overstayed my student visa for two years and have had no criminal convictions, however they keep me outside of the UK for four months already and do not give any answers whatsoever. I am married to a Latvian who obtained the residence card, has a good salary and a solid bank account.
We have decided to hire a lawyer and to contact FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office). Moreover, my husband will complain to a local MP for such an iniquity. You can also read my story called FAMILY PERMIT IN THE UKRAINE.

Once again, sincere congratulations, Chloe!!!
:D :D :D :D

Chloe_inuk
Newly Registered

Evidence required

Post by Chloe_inuk » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:08 am

I included the following documents in our application, i also put together a CV for my husband and jobs he could apply for when he came back. I enclosed references from people that knew us. A letter from our local MP....Just try and get as much evidence as you can, then they cannot really say anything. The fact you have overstayed is not really an issue if you have got something to back it up with eg.evidence of work/qualifications-let them know you are sorry and it would not happen again but explain you did what you did for a reason....

SUMMARY

From what I understand there are three main requirements to satisfy an entrance clearance officer;

1. To be able to maintain my own property without relying on public funds-
I have included the following:
Mortgage statement-from Abbey National
Letter from council-right to buy, and information relating to the property, no of rooms etc.
A letter from an independent surveyor stating the value, and rooms within the property.
I have included photos of my property.
Council tax bill

2. Availability of funds for maintenance without resource to public funds-
Bank statements
Payslips
Letter from my employer
A letter of my own detailing my expenditures

3. Intentions of living together-Marriage is subsisting-
Marriage certificate
Childs birth certificate
Photos
Phone bills
Letters
Birthday/Christmas cards
Flight tickets
Previous letters etc to our home address in the UK, proving we have been living together previously.

Chloe_inuk
Newly Registered

Follow up

Post by Chloe_inuk » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:11 am

I would also suggest getting in touch with the high commission or home office yourself, i was on the phone to them nearly every day asking questions, finding out why it was taking so long. Do not let them wear the trousers, you have to be determined, and pushy. If they see you are not going to give up they can see they have got a fight on their hands.....

married already
Newly Registered

Re: Follow up

Post by married already » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 pm

Chloe_inuk wrote:I would also suggest getting in touch with the high commission or home office yourself, i was on the phone to them nearly every day asking questions, finding out why it was taking so long. Do not let them wear the trousers, you have to be determined, and pushy. If they see you are not going to give up they can see they have got a fight on their hands.....

Thank you, Chloe.

I'm sure we'll get over the difficulties...

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:34 pm

6 years overstay with criminal convictionS i.e. more than just 1 conviction? Wow, well done to the Home Office - your husband is just the kind of new immigrant this country needs.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:00 am

Rover8098 wrote:6 years overstay with criminal convictionS i.e. more than just 1 conviction? Wow, well done to the Home Office - your husband is just the kind of new immigrant this country needs.
I was thinking the same Rover, this is the real JOKE....

Theresa
Newly Registered

Post by Theresa » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi
My husband submitted his application last month in Jamaica for a settlement visa . Just out of interest what evidence did you supply?

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:16 pm

Thank you for sharing my view on this subject Wanderer. Maybe I'm being unfair as I don't know the exact details, but my understanding was that anyone with criminal convictions should normally be refused entry into the UK?? Maybe the ECO's are too busy watching the cricket :D

Chloe_inuk
Newly Registered

Post by Chloe_inuk » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:49 pm

MAY i add driving convictions-and me and my husband have been together 5 years and have a daughter, you people no nothing so dont judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:44 pm

Congratulations!

tanasha
Newly Registered

Please help ME

Post by tanasha » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 pm

HI Chloe,

Congratulations on getting our man back! Dont let anyone tell you anything! People make mistakes. I am so happy to hear that this works. So...heres my situation...

My partner overstayed for 5yrs now. He got caught about a month ago and is going to the home office every monday. They haven't yet told him when he will be removed.

We are going to get married in jamaica as we cannot get married here. We have lived together for 9 months.

He worked for himself (as he had no paperwork to work) and the police caught him working (and driving without a license).

We are currently looking for a one bedroom flat to rent that I can afford on my wage alone so that we can provide satisfactory accomodation. Will this be sufficient? I cannot afford to get a mortgage on my wage?

Also we do not have any children. This will go against us aswell wont it?

I am so worried! ANy sort of advise at all would really help!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:24 pm

Despite the underlying tone of sarcasm of your approval, I think its great and I believe it reemphasizes the fact that your chances of approval are better if you are outside the country. It doesn't help your case to be in the country as an overstayer and asking to stay. I think its much better to leave and ask if you come in. Its seems to be almost a point of etiquette on the HO's point of view. However based on the last couple of postings of approvals from people who left and applied to return, it seems to work out better this way.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:43 pm

based on the last couple of postings of approvals from people who left and applied to return, it seems to work out better this way.
I totally agree on this point SYH...

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Re: Please help ME

Post by AksanaT » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:05 pm

tanasha wrote: My partner overstayed for 5yrs now. He got caught about a month ago and is going to the home office every monday. They haven't yet told him when he will be removed.

We are going to get married in jamaica as we cannot get married here. We have lived together for 9 months.

He worked for himself (as he had no paperwork to work) and the police caught him working (and driving without a license).

We are currently looking for a one bedroom flat to rent that I can afford on my wage alone so that we can provide satisfactory accomodation. Will this be sufficient? I cannot afford to get a mortgage on my wage?

Also we do not have any children. This will go against us aswell wont it?

I am so worried! ANy sort of advise at all would really help!
Where's your husband now? Is he with you at the moment?
I have similar situtation, I was overstayer and removed ( the police caught me working). I have been with my husband 1 year before our wedding. I applied twice for spouse visa and was refused. Now I am due to have our hearing at the court.
The reason of refusal was my past immigration histiory.
So if your husband stil in UK I would advise him to come back to his country and apply from there. And I think you shoudl ask some help with solicitor to prepare all needed docs to be sure that your husband gets visa, they are really helpful.
Good luck

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Re: SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!

Post by AksanaT » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:06 pm

Chloe_inuk wrote:My husband today got his spouse visa from JAMAICA!!!! After waiting six months for an interview, six very stressful months we finally got the result we had been hoping and praying for.
Cogratulations!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:01 pm

My experience so far is that the waiting time when you go back to your country of origin and reapply.
I have still not heard any thing and I am unable to contact any body form anywhere. This is really making me ill and I am now on depression treatment.
My partner cannot come here as she has to keep her job to show that she can support me when I go over so coming back and waiting for the news is still a very heart aching process

anna_uk
Newly Registered

chloe?

Post by anna_uk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:16 am

congratulations chloe!!! great news. and never mind about two negative replies. i think after all you have been through, it's nothing that should worry you now.
i know it's an older post but i would like some information from you if possible as my boyfriend and me are in a similar situation (minus the convictions). i can't pm or mail you for some reason - maybe you could get in touch with me? that'd be great. my e-mail address is on my profile. thanks!!