ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 1 (General) Success - Croyden PEO 10 April 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rattop
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 1 (General) Success - Croyden PEO 10 April 2013

Post by rattop » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:52 am

Hi All,

Just thought I would quickly share my experience at the Croyden PEO under the new rules for those interested. I had an appointment for just myself (no cohab/dependents) Appointment was at 10:30 on 10 April 2013.

Sequence of the day (note there is a quene at every step)
- Arrived 30 mins early and started by going though airport style security
- Went to the first counter for a preliminary check. They require the application form and passport. They given you your ticket number.
- Went to the payment counter - they require only the payment page, ticket number and card that you are paying with.
- Wait in the waiting area till number is called. At this stage you go to the counter and provide just the ticket number, application form and photos.
- Wait in waiting area utill they call you back to the counter - give back the application form and ask you to wait till you are called for biometrics
- Wait till called for biometrics, have your finger prints and photo taken
- Wait till you are called again - this time you meet the case worker and provide application form and evidence. I was told to wait in the waiting area and that they would call me back if they have any questions. If no questions they would just call me back to inform me of their decision.
- Wait in the waiting area for 1 hour. Got called back - all approved.

SUGGESTIONS
- Dont get there to early as I saw a lot of people waiting outside in the cold as they came too early for their appointment
- Take a drink and lunch with you - coffee shop seems a bit rubbish and better to have your own especially given that they allow you to take it in
- Bring a book / magazines etc as there is a lot of waiting - and better to be entertained during that time rather than waiting nervously wondering what is happening

DOCUMENTS PROVIDED
- Application form - I used the old version on purpose as I did not have letters from ALL my previous employers confirming annual leave dates. As I did not want to highlight this on the form I used the old form that they accept for 21 days.
- 2 photos
- 12 months pay slips - gross & net pay highlighted
- 12 months bank statements - salary payments highlighted
- Passport and biometric permit + photo copy
- Life in the UK pass notification
- table of absences ("vacation" was written for reason for absence)
- Print out of the the online PBS self assessment

EXTRA DOCUMENTS THAT I TOOK BUT DID NOT PROVIDE
- Employment contracts for past 5 years
- P45s to show dates I left for past 5 years
- P60s for the past 5 years
- Mortage documents as evidence of finances
- Degree that I had supplied with my initial application
- Letter from my current employers re my annual leave dates
- Letter from 1 previous employer confirming my annual leave dates
- Letter from 1 previous employer that did NOT confirm my annual leave dates - but gave a start and end date and said to refer to employment contract for annual leave entitelements.

snowball001
Newly Registered

Post by snowball001 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am

Thank you! This is much awaited:) hope more success cases will be posted here

natspace
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Tier 1 (General) Success - Croyden PEO 10 April 2013

Post by natspace » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 am

Congratulations!
rattop wrote: DOCUMENTS PROVIDED
- Application form - I used the old version on purpose as I did not have letters from ALL my previous employers confirming annual leave dates. As I did not want to highlight this on the form I used the old form that they accept for 21 days.
Could you please elaborate as to what you mean by this?

Do you mean SET(O) 12/2012 rather than SET(O) 04/2013?

On a side note: Could someone please help clarify sections 5.6 (pg 12), section 7.11 (pg. 19), section 8B (pg. 23) in the form SET(O) 04/2013.

Cheers

pegakrishna

Re: ILR Tier 1 (General) Success - Croyden PEO 10 April 2013

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 pm

rattop wrote: - Letter from my current employers re my annual leave dates
- Letter from 1 previous employer confirming my annual leave dates
- Letter from 1 previous employer that did NOT confirm my annual leave dates - but gave a start and end date and said to refer to employment contract for annual leave entitelements.
rattop,

Congrats... Kindly can you share the employer letter format confirming annual leave dates ??

Please reply us... Thanks

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 pm

congratulations
:D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Congratulations. Very well written Experience. Well done.