ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maboaa2
Newly Registered

passport for child

Post by maboaa2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:18 pm

i have won my appeal and waiting for my residence card.i have had ababy and want to know what passport i can get for him.my husband is a german national and came to the u.k 2011.can a apply for british passport for my child.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:26 pm

No. The child will take the nationality of the parents (subject to nationality laws of those states).

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 am

maboaa2 wrote:my husband is an eu person who came to u.k 2011.i have a newborn baby .when can i apply for british passport for my son.i have 5yr residence card.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:00 am

After the grant of child's registration as a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:33 am

vinny wrote:
maboaa2 wrote:my husband is an eu person who came to u.k 2011.i have a newborn baby .when can i apply for british passport for my son.i have 5yr residence card.
Was the child born in the UK and when? When were you granted permanent residency/what date did the appeal grant permanent residency from?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

maboaa2
Newly Registered

Post by maboaa2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:
vinny wrote:
Was the child born in the UK and when? When were you granted permanent residency/what date did the appeal grant permanent residency from?
yes the child was born in u.k on feb,2013.i haven,t recieve my PR yet after i won my appeal.i won the appeal on march this year.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:01 pm

You mean RC (Residence Card), not PR (Permanent Residence which is obtained after 5 years in the UK), correct?

If the child was born in the UK, then the child could apply for British citizenship after your husband completes 5 years of exercising treaty rights in the UK (2016?).

The child should hold German nationality (and maybe your nationality as well).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Jambo wrote:You mean RC (Residence Card), not PR (Permanent Residence which is obtained after 5 years in the UK), correct?

If the child was born in the UK, then the child could apply for British citizenship after your husband completes 5 years of exercising treaty rights in the UK (2016?).

The child should hold German nationality (and maybe your nationality as well).
I think she has been exercising treaty rights for 5 years and the appeal was for PR. Though, she needs to clarify.

If you have won PR then you need to find from what date that is effective as if on or before your child's birth the child may be already British.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: passport for child

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:16 pm

maboaa2 wrote:i have won my appeal and waiting for my residence card.i have had ababy and want to know what passport i can get for him.my husband is a german national and came to the u.k 2011.can a apply for british passport for my child.
@D4109125 - clearly not PR if EU husband only been resident since 2011.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No (because none of the parents are settled). The child will take the nationality of the parents (subject to nationality laws of those states).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: passport for child

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
maboaa2 wrote:i have won my appeal and waiting for my residence card.i have had ababy and want to know what passport i can get for him.my husband is a german national and came to the u.k 2011.can a apply for british passport for my child.
@D4109125 - clearly not PR if EU husband only been resident since 2011.
Op didn't say she wasn't an eea national did she? If she hasn't got pr then it doesn't apply as I said.

maboaa2
Newly Registered

Post by maboaa2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm

thanx 4 the replies.from the replies i think my child will qualify after my husband completes his 5yrs of excercising his treaty rights.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm

That's right

raj15
Newly Registered

BC rejected for my son

Post by raj15 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi All,

I need some advise regarding my son British passport

I have applied for ILR in Feb 2012 and i got the ILR stamped on july 2012

and my son was born in june 2012.

I have applied for British passport recently for him with his birth certificate and my passport with ILR stamp etc .. and today I got letter from home office that he is not eligible for BC

Has anyone has this kind of situation . please reply

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC rejected for my son

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 pm

raj15 wrote:Hi All,

I need some advise regarding my son British passport

I have applied for ILR in Feb 2012 and i got the ILR stamped on july 2012

and my son was born in june 2012.

I have applied for British passport recently for him with his birth certificate and my passport with ILR stamp etc .. and today I got letter from home office that he is not eligible for BC

Has anyone has this kind of situation . please reply

Thanks in advance
Because your son was born before your ILR was granted, you should have registered him on form MN1 (entitlement under section 1(3) if born in UK) first and once this is approved and you receive the BC registration certificate, then you can apply for a BC passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raj15
Newly Registered

Post by raj15 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks for the reply ..

Does any one know how much time it will take for MN1 and applying passport after getting MN1

Thanks in advance