ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

premsram
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Application

Post by premsram » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:44 am

I am doing the Tier-2 application by Person and I have my visa appointment next week.
I have filled in most of the sections in the Tier 2 application form (downloaded the latest version from UKBA). I would like to you clarify a few points:
1) Question C3 (page 12) “Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to UK?” . Is it Yes and I mention the number my Tier 1 Residence Permit?
2) Question D2 BRP number: Is it not the number on the top right of my Tier1-PSW Residence Permit card?
3) Question H1 and H2: “Have you ever had any Home Office or UK Border Agency reference number(s) assigned to you?” I remember that I have reference number that I had received while applying for the Tier1. I do not have any other reference numbers. Do I need to use that? What do you suggest?
4) Section J: Previous address: There is only space to fill one previous address. I have 3 previous address in the UK. How would you suggest fill this section?

Thanks in advance

Jrat19
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Application

Post by Jrat19 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 pm

premsram wrote:I am doing the Tier-2 application by Person and I have my visa appointment next week.
I have filled in most of the sections in the Tier 2 application form (downloaded the latest version from UKBA). I would like to you clarify a few points:
1) Question C3 (page 12) “Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to UK?” . Is it Yes and I mention the number my Tier 1 Residence Permit?
2) Question D2 BRP number: Is it not the number on the top right of my Tier1-PSW Residence Permit card?
3) Question H1 and H2: “Have you ever had any Home Office or UK Border Agency reference number(s) assigned to you?” I remember that I have reference number that I had received while applying for the Tier1. I do not have any other reference numbers. Do I need to use that? What do you suggest?
4) Section J: Previous address: There is only space to fill one previous address. I have 3 previous address in the UK. How would you suggest fill this section?

Thanks in advance
1) Yes
2) I believe so.
3) List it if you have it but it shouldn't be an issue.
4) I made copies of the page and attached them as supplementary documents. Not sure if it is actually required though.

Are you making a paper application? I am withdrawing my postal application to submit in person but I will need to apply under the new rules so I want to make sure that it is still possible to use the paper application in late May for an in person appointment.

premsram
Newly Registered

Post by premsram » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I am making a paper application. They have published a new form, I believe you just need to fill that form. I am not aware of any change of rules. What new rules are you referring to?