ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman83

ILR Query

Post by salman83 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi,
I am applying for ILR in months time along with my wife. I got three cohabitation docs which are: -
- Council Tax Bill (covering 2 years)
- Tenancy Agreement (covering 2 years)
- NHS Card (1 year & 8 months) as my wife lost her previous NHS card. So this is a replacement card.

Is it OK to go ahead with it. Also, I and my wife are registered on the electoral office for less than 9 months. So I can't use that as evidence. All my utility bills are on my name.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:09 pm

You appear to have misunderstood the requirement. The correspondence showing joint address need to show various dates during the 2 years...with no big gaps. Submit the bills in your name.
You need to find more in your wife's name. The electoral registration will be fine...as long as you're sure you're entitled to vote. :?

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 pm

@Salman83,

How do you obtain a replacement NHS card. Would appreciate if you could guide me with this, as I need to get these.

Thanks,

salman83

Post by salman83 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:57 pm

The council tax, tenancy agreement and NHS cards all of them have joint names on it for 2 years. I also have joint names bank statements which are 15 months only. This is the same bank account where my salary also goes. I am now thinking of using the bank statements as evidence of cohabitation as well.

For NHS card replacement, luckily my wife needs to make an appointment in order to see the doctor. The receptionist at GP asked for NHS card, she told her that she lost it. She just issued us a new card and my wife got it in few days.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:21 pm

You're still misunderstanding the requirement. :? I'm obviously not explaining it clearly.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Ramana66 wrote:@Salman83,

How do you obtain a replacement NHS card. Would appreciate if you could guide me with this, as I need to get these.

Thanks,
You have to contact your Health Authority,where you registered first, with your NHS No.You could get the contact details at your G.P surgery. I am not sure whether they issue a replacement NHS Card.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:29 pm

salman83 wrote:The council tax, tenancy agreement and NHS cards all of them have joint names on it for 2 years. I also have joint names bank statements which are 15 months only. This is the same bank account where my salary also goes. I am now thinking of using the bank statements as evidence of cohabitation as well.

For NHS card replacement, luckily my wife needs to make an appointment in order to see the doctor. The receptionist at GP asked for NHS card, she told her that she lost it. She just issued us a new card and my wife got it in few days.
Are you sure about this. NHS cards are issued by the Health Authority not the G.P Surgery.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:34 pm

@Salman83,

Let me try to explain this. The requirement is to provide 6 documents in joint names spreading over 2 years period from three different sources.

However, if you do not have joint names then you need to provide 12 documents spread over 2 years of period from three different sources.

In other words, if you only have two documents with joint names, then you need to provide additionally 4 documents for each of you with single names.

For example,

1. Council Tax statement from March 2011 in Joint name (this is 2 documents)
2. Bank Statement from June 2011 in Joint name (this is 2 documents)
3. Council Tax statement from March 2012 in Joint name (this is 2 documents)
4. Bank Statement from March 2013 in Joint name (this is 2 documents)
4. NHS prescription on your name in September 2011 (1 document for you)
4. NHS Prescription on your spouse name in July 2012 (1 document for your wife)
5. Tenancy Agreement from August 2012 in joint name (2 documents)

Above as an example should be okay as these documents are spread over 2 years period and are from at least three different sources and each of you and your spouse name has been addressed 6 times.

Hope this makes it clear.
Last edited by Ramana66 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Kevin24 We're going off track with the NHS card from Salman's query.

Ramana66 even though the document may be in joint names, it only counts as one document...but apart from that you've explained it very well.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Casa wrote:Kevin24 We're going off track with the NHS card from Salman's query.

Ramana66 even though the document may be in joint names, it only counts as one document...but apart from that you've explained it very well.
Apologies! My Post was because, Ramana66 wanted to know as to how to get a replacement NHS Card.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Thank you, @Casa,

@Salman83, Please see below the the guidance on the latest 04/2013 SET(M) form - Page 30 as given below. This should clear your doubts.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

[quote]

Note 8. We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.

For example – 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the
address. In total 8 items will need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence,
evidencing that you reside together at the same address.

[quote]

To make it simple, you can say:
Both Main Applicant and Spouse should be addressed six times each on the documents, which are from at least three different sources and spread across 2 years.