ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which country do I apply from?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markhoward
Newly Registered

Which country do I apply from?

Post by markhoward » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Hello all.

Quickish question, I hope.

I am a British male and my girlfriend is Australian. We met in England 2.5 years ago whilst she was on a 2 year working holiday visa and she is now in Ireland on a 1 year working holiday visa where we live together.

We are going to apply for a Partners visa to the UK so that we can live and work there together.

We would like to apply to the British Embassy in Ireland for this visa. Am I right in thinking that we can?

What a great site - thanks to all!

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:44 pm

Yes, that's correct. She will have to apply at British Embassy/Consulate of whichever country she is resident in, which happens to be Ireland.

Don't forget to check that you meet all the requirements for an Unmarried Partner visa.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

markhoward
Newly Registered

Post by markhoward » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:46 pm

Thank you very much for that, it does help, however...
Don't forget to check that you meet all the requirements for an Unmarried Partner visa.
I've looked at a fair bit of info and am beginning to think we don't have what they are looking for.

We have been boyfriend and girlfriend since August 2004 spending 3 months in Australia together, a month in Mexico, a month in Turkey, 3 weeks in Spain, 2 weeks in America and some other travels - holidays together really.

Whilst not travelling together we have both worked as live-in carers, so have been living seperatley with our clients, seeing each other during our breaks most days.

We now live together in Ireland whilst Meghan is on a 1 year working holiday visa. By the time we apply we will have lived together for 6 months. Probably not going to be enough Im now thinking?

meggles

Post by meggles » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:07 pm

nope... you need to show (2) years living together.