ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Post by yogsmith » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:08 pm

aphid wrote:Just posting my timeline for any other recent applicants interested.

EEA2 received by HO: 21/03/13
COA received: 10/04/13 (dated 08/04/13) with right to work
RC: TBC

I got nervous and send in additional supporting documents too, which I believe were received on 05/04/13. So it looks like maybe they issued my COA as soon as they got my second packet of documents. (Maybe thinking to themselves 'Let's not give her any more time to send us more crap to look through...')

Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and in particular the Oct applicants.

my time line is quite similar with yours.

Application sent: 23 March 2013.
Received to UKBA: 25 March 2013.
COA received: 10 April 2013. Issued on: 8 April 2013 (with right of work)
RC: TBA

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Any good news Oct applicants?

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Today immigration officers visited me. They asked me so many questions. Just hope so that now UKBA will sent us RC. Today is exactly 7 months!

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 pm

milka wrote:Today immigration officers visited me. They asked me so many questions. Just hope so that now UKBA will sent us RC. Today is exactly 7 months!
UKBA and its policy of unscheduled visits. Do you have any idea why they visited?What sort of questions did they ask?

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Honestly, I don`t have any idea what was the purpose of the visit. Maybe they have just started process our application. I have sent many complaint e-mail, letters. I was asked many, many questions, Where I met my husband? when and where we got married? Where we work? They checked our photos in the flat. For how long we live in our flat? After they went to my husband because he works close to our flat, but he was asked just a few questions. When I told them that today it`s 7 months since we have sent an application they were quite shock that it takes so long.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm

milka wrote:Honestly, I don`t have any idea what was the purpose of the visit. Maybe they have just started process our application. I have sent many complaint e-mail, letters. I was asked many, many questions, Where I met my husband? when and where we got married? Where we work? They checked our photos in the flat. For how long we live in our flat? After they went to my husband because he works close to our flat, but he was asked just a few questions. When I told them that today it`s 7 months since we have sent an application they were quite shock that it takes so long.
Whao. Thanks for sharing your experience

johnkumar
Newly Registered

oh

Post by johnkumar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

since when they start doing visits ..but according to rules partners can live separate i think not sure... so how does it gonna work.. do they complete visit on each application or which one looks suspicious .. thats really bit scary though...any advice

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Charlie77 wrote:Any good news Oct applicants?
nothing yet m8 :(
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:09 pm

milka wrote:Today immigration officers visited me. They asked me so many questions. Just hope so that now UKBA will sent us RC. Today is exactly 7 months!
I wonder if there is any scope for this under EU law.

If the UKBA suspects a 'marriage of convenience' then the onus is on them to prove that is. Unscheduled home visits could be seen as invasion of privacy if the applicant is mandated to entertain the visit.

Did the Immigration officers ask if you were willing to receive them into your home? Did you willingly invite them in? How many were they?

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:49 pm

I received a call from the office of my MP a couple of minutes ago and said he called the home office regarding my EEA application and was told a decision had already been made and my documents were put in the post on Friday 5/04/13. Very anxious now. Fingers crossed

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Babz wrote:a decision had already been made and my documents were put in the post on Friday 5/04/13. Very anxious now. Fingers crossed
Very anxious? Fingers (still) crossed? That should read: "Very excited! Uncrossing my fingers and poised to pop some champagne!"

Let us know when you have the golden ticket in your hands. :)

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Babz wrote:a decision had already been made and my documents were put in the post on Friday 5/04/13. Very anxious now. Fingers crossed
Very anxious? Fingers (still) crossed? That should read: "Very excited! Uncrossing my fingers and poised to pop some champagne!"

Lol..Thanks a lot. Will surely update you once the package arrives. Just like waiting for an exam result.

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Plum70 wrote:
I wonder if there is any scope for this under EU law.

If the UKBA suspects a 'marriage of convenience' then the onus is on them to prove that is. Unscheduled home visits could be seen as invasion of privacy if the applicant is mandated to entertain the visit.

Did the Immigration officers ask if you were willing to receive them into your home? Did you willingly invite them in? How many were they?
They asked about my name and when I said they - I think- asked if they can come in, but I don`t remember now. Maybe they just came inside without asking, I was so scared when I noticed that they are immigration officers that now I don`t remember anything. There were two of them.

Babz... fingers crossed :)

anisatam
Newly Registered

Post by anisatam » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Babz wrote:
Plum70 wrote:

Lol..Thanks a lot. Will surely update you once the package arrives. Just like waiting for an exam result.
Wow that was fast !! Did your application just take 2 month?? or am I reading something wrong?
Thanks
Ani

A_D21
Newly Registered

Oct applicants

Post by A_D21 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi All received a reply on my email today

I have been asked to respond to your e-mail dated 9th April 2013 relating to your application for a Residence Card.

Your case is currently under active consideration by a caseworker you will have a decision within 28 days of this communication.

Kind regards,

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

[/code]

anisatam
Newly Registered

Re: Oct applicants

Post by anisatam » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 pm

A_D21 wrote:Hi All received a reply on my email today

I have been asked to respond to your e-mail dated 9th April 2013 relating to your application for a Residence Card.

Your case is currently under active consideration by a caseworker you will have a decision within 28 days of this communication.

Kind regards,

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

[/code]
Who did you email. Is it through the email to Rob?
Could you post your timelines aswell please, thanks

milka
Newly Registered

Re: Oct applicants

Post by milka » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 pm

A_D21 wrote:Hi All received a reply on my email today

Kind regards,

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

[/code]
Can you tell an email address where you sent your e-mail? I sent a few emails more than a week ago but no one replied me.

A_D21
Newly Registered

Post by A_D21 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:16 pm

I sent an email to rob whiteman
rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk this is emailadress it took 2 days for a reply.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 pm

A_D21 wrote:I sent an email to rob whiteman
rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk this is emailadress it took 2 days for a reply.
Hi,
Can u plz tell what did you write to them if u don't mind..
If possible plz send me private msg or share in the post what you wrote exactly.

Regards

A_D21
Newly Registered

Post by A_D21 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi
I just wrote tht I am waiting since oct 2012 and it has been 6 months now and want an update. I mentioned case id , name, address, date of birth and nationality

A_D21
Newly Registered

Post by A_D21 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:46 pm

My timeline is:

Documents submitted: 10 oct 2012
COA: 17 oct
6 months ended: 10 april

Smpatel
Newly Registered

No passport

Post by Smpatel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 pm

My time line is
Application sent 6 July 12
Coa received 23 Nov 12 with permission to work with after I advice solicitor to write to UKBA
Still no reply
I did called them and same reply ur application is in process and continue to wait 10 months gone don't know what is happening is this because I didn't had passport or any identity. Took longer
Is any one in same situation

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 pm

anisatam wrote:
Babz wrote:
Plum70 wrote:

Wow that was fast !! Did your application just take 2 month?? or am I reading something wrong?
Thanks
Ani
Yes exactly 2 months. A friend of mine who also applied a day after mine got his last Thursday

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 am

I decided to write an e-mail to Rob and cc'd my MP as well. Well wrote as my husband, the EEA National, as I am more eloquent being the Literature graduate :). We'll see if I get a response and I'll be more than happy to post what we sent. It was long as keeping concise messages got us nowhere. It's creeping seven months now and in all honesty patience is running short, especially since I have other agencies I am dealing with for other matters. Sending good vibes to all who are still waiting for an RC!

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:32 am

A_D21 wrote:Hi
I just wrote tht I am waiting since oct 2012 and it has been 6 months now and want an update. I mentioned case id , name, address, date of birth and nationality
Thank you very much for sharing...