ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success With dependents ...WP+Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mano82

ILR success With dependents ...WP+Tier 2

Post by Mano82 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:46 pm

All,

My history is mentioned in http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#788068

After a long struggle made up my mind to go for an appointment before 6th April before the fees change and other changes...
Had booked 2 different appointments on the same day as it was difficult to get one with dependents together..

Documents carried:
Set(O) form - 1 with dependents filled and 1 only with main applicant details (as a back up since appointments were different)
12 months payslips (internet copies)
12 months bank statements(post+internet copies)
12 months salary credits from bank statement (internet copies)
4 year P60s +HMRC employment history
Cohab docs (Rent agreement+Utility bills+Council tax+Other letters)
Absence spreadsheet (with passport stamped pages)
Employer letter (with SOC code and salary details..format almost same as mentioned in srk2012)
Life in the UK - 2
Passport and BRPs
Photos - 2 each (taken in Dec 2012 for Tier 2 visa extension)
Xerox copies for all of the above.

925 AM : Reached Solihull PEO. Security checked the appointment letter and SET(O) form and asked to come at 950 AM.Not sure why as i saw so many vacant seats inside.
950 AM: Entered inside. Was asked to empty the pockets and had done the body check as in Airport style.
1000 AM: Got the token and was asked to wait.
1010 AM: Was called by the CW and the story begins

CW: You have only appointment and how come 3 people?
Me: We have 2 appointments with half an hr advance. I believe we can process together isnt it? Even i checked at reception and they confirmed it.
CW(turned pink): Did they? Let me check.. She went inside ..spoke to some one and came back..I dont think I can process together..You have 2 different appointments..It may be

cheaper if you club together but from 6th even Solihull will work uniformly like other PEOs.
Me: Thats fine. I have another form with only my details filled in.
CW: Give me that and your passport+BRP+photos.
She started going through.. I was puzzled as I dint have another form for my spouse ..
I gathered strength and asked politely and tried my best not to sound rude.. Are u sure mam we cant process together as I had seen in one of the UKBA response abt this..
CW: Forum? we dont respond to any forum
Me: Not forum ..I Saw the response in FOI where UKBA had responded positively..
CW: Let me check with my senior..She went inside and spoke to some one..Came bk n said I can process it for you..
Me: Thank you so much.
CW: Give me other form + their photos and BRPs
After seeing address you stay near by is it.. thts nice..
After seeing the photos , this is old photo isnt it... I said it was taken in dec..[She started being cool]
CW: Ya..but its already used..You should get new photos..
Me: Can I go get it in some time?
CW: You can get it while waiting for your documents
That was the 1st postive sign..
Me:Yes I will do that.
She went through each page one by one and handed over the page with debit card details and keep it seperate.
When she was searching for the stamped page, I said I have a sheet with stamped page details..She took that and verified that against her system
CW: Are you still working for XX, you got the original WP with you?
Me: Yes. You need it. I have a xerox copy too.
CW: Not now , will take it later.Can you give me the Life in UK certificates? You know who did better ?Guess?
My wife said I would have done better, she said my wife had scored more.
CW: I like when women score better than men.
Me: awwwww.. [praying in mind approve this and like whatever u want]
She again checked things against the system , my form and started ticking the checklist she had in hand..
CW: Do you have the latest payslip and bank statement?
Me: Yes. You need the xerox as well
Cw: Not now.
Me: I have the salary credits for last 12 months if that helps.
CW: Ya ..[Compared the docs] Employer letter? Noted the SOC code and read it line by line.
CW: Can I have the cohab docs? Do you have any jointly? [Second positive sign..]
Me: Sure. Here it is.
CW: I cant accept internet copies. Can you get some from home? I know its along drive for you..[smiled saracastically]
Get them along with the photos..
Me: Sure.
CW: Ater this you make the payment,wait for the Biometrics and then you can go out for 2 hrs ..get the photos n letters..
Me: Ok SUre[I knoew its done now..chimes music in mind]
CW: Yeah thts done. You can make teh payment now.
1040 AM: Finished the payment. He just checked the card details and said they will take teh payment and will give receipt at lats together with other docs.
1050 AM: Biometrics
1100 AM: Security said you can go out and come back by 130 PM.
1145 AM: Came back and gave the photos and letters.

0130 PM: Came back and asked for the docs. Was told to come after an hr.
0230 PM: Collected the letter and left the PEO.Security said it will take 7-10 days for the card

06th Apr: Got the BPR cards for all 3 of us. Happy me!! :D

Thank you to all the guys in this forum. You guys rock!!!!
All the best to my fellow mates who are still awaiting ILR.God bless.
Last edited by Mano82 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lxx

Post by lxx » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 am

Congratulations!

alanwong

Re: ILR success With dependents ...WP+Tier 2

Post by alanwong » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:08 am

Mano82 wrote:All,

My history is mentioned in http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#788068

After a long struggle made up my mind to go for an appointment before 6th April before the fees change and other changes...
Had booked 2 different appointments on the same day as it was difficult to get one with dependents together..

Documents carried:
Set(O) form - 1 with dependents filled and 1 only with main applicant details (as a back up since appointments were different)
12 months bank statements
12 months salary credits form bank statement (internet copies)
4 year P60s
Employer letter (with SOC code and salary details..format almost same as mentioned in srk2012)
Life in the UK - 2
Passport and BRPs

925 AM : Reached Solihull PEO. Security checked the appointment letter and SET(O) form and asked to come at 950 AM.Not sure why as i saw so many vacant seats inside.
950 AM: Entered inside. Was asked to empty the pockets and had done the body check as in Airport style.

Me: We have 2 appointments with half an hr advance. I believe we can process together isnt it? Even i checked at reception and they confirmed it.
CW(turned pink): Did they? Let me check.. She went inside ..spoke to some one and came back..I dont think I can process together..You have 2 different appointments..It may be

cheaper if you club together but from 6th even Solihull will work uniformly like other PEOs.
She started going through.. I was puzzled as I dint have another form for my spouse ..
I gathered strength and asked politely and tried my best not to sound rude.. Are u sure mam we cant process together as I had seen in one of the UKBA response abt this..
CW: Let me check with my senior..She went inside and spoke to some one..Came bk n said I can process it for you..
After seeing the photos , this is old photo isnt it... I said it was taken in dec..[She started being cool]
She went through each page one by one and handed over the page with debit card details and keep it seperate.
When she was searching for the stamped page, I said I have a sheet with stamped page details..She took that and verified that against her system
CW: Not now , will take it later.Can you give me the Life in UK certificates? You know who did better ?Guess?
She again checked things against the system , my form and started ticking the checklist she had in hand..
CW: Ya ..[Compared the docs] Employer letter? Noted the SOC code and read it line by line.
CW: Can I have the cohab docs? Do you have any jointly? [Second positive sign..]
CW: I cant accept internet copies. Can you get some from home? I know its along drive for you..[smiled saracastically]
CW: Ater this you make the payment,wait for the Biometrics and then you can go out for 2 hrs ..get the photos n letters..
1040 AM: Finished the payment. He just checked the card details and said they will take teh payment and will give receipt at lats together with other docs.

0230 PM: Collected the letter and left the PEO.Security said it will take 7-10 days for the card

Congratulations again on you, thanks for sharing your story.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR success With dependents ...WP+Tier 2

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:11 am

Mano82 wrote:All,

Documents carried:
12 months bank statements
12 months salary credits form bank statement (internet copies)
4 year P60s
Life in the UK - 2
Passport and BRPs

My Dear Friend Mano82, Congratulations. Your Experience was Excellently written. I really enjoyed it.Thank You. So she checked the 12 Month's Pay slips and Bank Statements? No P60s. So. CW Likes when Women Score than MEn :D She is no different to Ohthers of her Gender. :lol:

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks guys!
She didnt check my 12 months payslips..Just the recent one..I had given a separate sheet with 12 months salary credits taken from the bank(internet). She took that and checked for last 3 months salary credits ..She didnot ask for the bank statement as well as I believe they take the statements just to check the salary credit.. but i had to get it attested from bank as it was internet copy:)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:38 am

Mano82 wrote:Thanks guys!
She didnt check my 12 months payslips..Just the recent one..I had given a separate sheet with 12 months salary credits taken from the bank(internet). She took that and checked for last 3 months salary credits ..She didnot ask for the bank statement as well as I believe they take the statements just to check the salary credit.. but i had to get it attested from bank as it was internet copy:)
Thank you for your prompt response.Enjoy your ILR. I am happy for you. So any Forum Member coming over to Solihull PEO ,after Bio Metrics could come in to your house, for a Meal and Drinks.( I meant Tea/Coffee) :D

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:56 am

Most welcome. Will be happy to share their feeling :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Mano82 wrote:Most welcome. Will be happy to share their feeling :)
Thank You for your kind invitation. I will pass the word around. :D

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:04 pm

So nice ! :D

STP
Newly Registered

Post by STP » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Nice Summary Mano82....it will really help for the ILR Newbie's like me:)

All the best for the Citizenship:)

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks STP :)

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Wow many congratulations. Enjoy your ILr. Can you tell that during your absence even if you visa was valid did your work assignment ended in the UK? Can you also share the employer letter you provided? My case is quite similar to yours if you mind giving a look

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 pm

@desiboys: the letter format was very much similar to one provided by srk2012..
see below link..http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2&start=20

I read ur case. .. I would say since you had applied for the Tier2 from India its better to consider the start date for the 5 yrs from 6th Sep 2009 to avoid complications...Additionally during the absence you not being on the UK payroll may be challenged though this can be mitigated to an extent if you get an employer letter saying it was for business reasons..Read the below extract from UKBA site for tier 2 ICT..

The absences must be for a reason that relates to the purpose of your leave in the UK, or for a serious compelling reason (such as a serious illness). Your sponsor must confirm the reason for the absence if it was related to your work. You must do so for a serious or compelling reason.

szb
Newly Registered

Post by szb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Congrats my friend Mano....I hope you are celebrating your success:-)

Thanks for putting up your experience in detail which gave me good confidence when i compare my case...

i have query on the below...

Cohab Documents - i am staying in a shared accommodation so i have only Rental agreement is that alright?

Absence Spreadsheet - is this spreadsheet just to highlight the absence period is less than 180 days? (Format may be:- From, To, No of days)

Can you pm me your details.. if possible?

Thanks

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 pm

szb: Thanks mate!

Regarding cohab i Beleive you should have 3 letters in joint names or 6 letters (3 each) on individual names..you can carry things like bank statements + retail letters etc which you get via postal and that should span across last 2 years.

Absence spreadsheet format can be found in the sticky notes.. I used the customized version though as below..

Entry date:
Table 1:
Travel out date Passport Stamp Page no. Travel In date Passport page Reason/Purpose

Table 2: Continous period calculation (<180 days)
Year Start Date End Date No. of days

Hope it helps.

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Mano82

Thanks for your views. I think they give very important viewpoints to my case that I may have overlook to consider.

I am also taking example of the case mentioned by:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=130263

and

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=117518

So, when I went to India - my WP was still valid and if my employer is ready to back this up as a business trip and I can provide that I reentered with ICT, due to rule changes then possibly thinking to make that as a business case.

I have got an employer letter as per the sticky notes that mainly approves all absences with either reason as Business or Annual paid leave.

the 7 month gap is listed as business.

Should I provide any extra abstract by my employer for this long period? If you dont mind can you share your contact details please?

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 pm

@desiboys: Providing absence letter from employer is always good to support ur absence. However the key thin here is that you had applied for extension outside UK and that you were not on UK payroll for more than a month. If you can prepare yourself with proper justification you will be fine.

szb
Newly Registered

Post by szb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 am

Mano82 wrote:szb: Thanks mate!

Regarding cohab i Beleive you should have 3 letters in joint names or 6 letters (3 each) on individual names..you can carry things like bank statements + retail letters etc which you get via postal and that should span across last 2 years.

Absence spreadsheet format can be found in the sticky notes.. I used the customized version though as below..

Entry date:
Table 1:
Travel out date Passport Stamp Page no. Travel In date Passport page Reason/Purpose

Table 2: Continous period calculation (<180 days)
Year Start Date End Date No. of days

Hope it helps.

Thanks Mate!

msaran1982
Newly Registered

Post by msaran1982 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Mano82 wrote:@desiboys: Providing absence letter from employer is always good to support ur absence. However the key thin here is that you had applied for extension outside UK and that you were not on UK payroll for more than a month. If you can prepare yourself with proper justification you will be fine.
I need to apply my ILR in September with my wife and kid, I have more doubt and need more clarification. My details are follows. Please advise me,

worked 1.5 years under work permit and 3.5 years under Tier-2 visa. My wife came with me in 2008. My daughter born here in 2011. My wife went to India for personal reason and stayed there for 5 months then she decided to come here. We applied visa for my daughter in Chennai but unfortunately her visa was refused due to documents and its took 1 month. My second application also refused and same again, I got the reply after one month. I made appeal against the result. My appeal was succeed but again took 3 months. Now both are around 11 months continuously away from UK. Could you please advise me how do i process my application.

jaison142000
Newly Registered

please advice very complicated case

Post by jaison142000 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 am

Dear All (An especially Tier 1),

I was on a work permit from 2008 and my wife joined me as a Work permit dependent from June 2011. I was under old rules before PBS came in.

I got my ILR in Feb 2013 and applied for my wife's FLR M after that by post. I did not know I could apply for her for ILR at the same time as me. No where on the UKBA site it mentioned about rules for Old Style Work Permit Dependants. Or any transitional arrangements. So with the information available about the rules before 9th July 2012 I assumed she would have to wait for a 2 year period from the date she entered UK.

She got her Biometric approval letter and for her postal application this week (11April2013) but the visa was granted for 30 months. The letter also mentioned that after which she could apply for another extension and then after 5 years apply for ILR. I called up home office and they put me on hold and checked and said ya she could have applied with me and that the rules keep changing. They said she can apply anytime now with Set (O) form.

Please advice me if I could now apply would they reject it ?? Do I have to send all over again because they did not inform me properly on their website ???? Also could I claim the money back for the FLR m application and difference from new application and is applying together in the first place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanking you.

JD