ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for my wife working in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

georr0
Newly Registered

Post by georr0 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for dependent visas for my wife and kids from India.

I got 2 queries and all advice I receive or any prior experiences you share, would be much appreciated.

My wife is working at present in India. My wife is planning to take a break of work as a long leave, 6 -12 months or quit from the permanent role, if visa is granted.

1. Will VFS or UKBA in India require any documentation from her employment to support visa applications?

2. I am on Tier 1 General and was working in the UK and Indian in the last 5 years, Would I be considered as a "main applicant in the UK for more than 12 months" as I d'ont have 12 months stay since last arrived in UK

details of my work duration along with their locations below
- working in the UK for 23 months since Nov,2008
- working in India for 20 months since Oct, 2010 of which 3 - 4 months was travelling in US for business purposes
- working in the UK for 5 months for since Nov,2012

Thanks.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 pm

You need to read the policy guidelines.

Read,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

and,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

You need to show income proof to qualify (eligible points) for upto any 12 month period in the last 15 months of the date of expiry of your visa.

georr0
Newly Registered

Post by georr0 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:10 am

O_Relly,Thank you for replying !

I have read the policy guide before and I have recently extended my visa ;I hold a valid tier 1 till 2015. My query in slightly different as

On the first query, VFS in India which accepts the application for the UK visa's in India, believes that they are "granting visas" and try to have their own supporting documentation requirements.

In the past, I have heard documentation required for a working spouse in India for a dependent visa would be

1. Approval of leave application for the duration of travel to the UK, or
2. No Objection Letter from the employer to travel to the UK

Are there any such requirements ? would be difficult to meet in my wife's case as the employer might not be interested in providing same.

On the second query, I need to understand whether I qualify as "main applicant applicant in the UK for more than 12 months" considering the 20 months break in the period of stay. This would help me to plan for the dependent's maintenance funds.

Thanks.

megatop

Post by megatop » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am

The moment you say dependent visa, I personally feel (I am no expert) that what you need to establish is your relationship with her i.e. Marriage cert, photos from your marriage, any other co-habitation evidence.

When I applied for my wife way back in Jul- Aug 2010 (I applied in Mach 2010 btw.) all that I needed to show was my Tier1 visa, my relationship to her, and evidence that I have the required amount in the bank.

What if she was a home-maker???

I feel you wont need NOCs of any sort from employer, unless this is a new requirement that I am un-aware of...