ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa for my inlaws..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lalitswain
Newly Registered

Family Visa for my inlaws..

Post by lalitswain » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 pm

My inlaws are planning to visit uk in this summer. I am on a tier 1 general visa and my wife on the tier 1 dependent visa. We are going to sponsor the trip.

Can any one please send the details of documents needed and any checklist would be really helpful.

Thanks

hli
Newly Registered

Post by hli » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:09 pm

I don't think they can apply under family visitor visa. They have to apply under general visitor I am afraid.

"Additionally the family member you are visiting must :

be a British citizen;
be settled in the UK;
have been granted asylum in the UK; or
have Humanitarian Protection status."

"Settled status

You are normally resident in the United Kingdom with no immigration restriction on the length of your stay. To be free of immigration restriction you must have the right of abode or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom."
Last edited by hli on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lalitswain
Newly Registered

Post by lalitswain » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/

if you will go through this link..it tells you can come as a family visa..

hli
Newly Registered

Post by hli » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 pm

The paragraph I pasted there is exactly on that page....

irisace
Newly Registered

Post by irisace » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:45 am

Hi

I do not think that the above paragraph's every point has to be fulfilled. The person being visited can be from any of these .

And plus it is logic that a British citizen would not be any of the other ...so it is just either any of those and I think you can call your family member on a family visitor visa.

Be quick though I think later in this year they are going to withdraw even the right of appeal for family visitors which you currently can not do on a general visitor visa if it is rejected.

Thanks

megatop

Post by megatop » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:05 am

Hope this helps!!

Please make sure that ample validity time is available on your Tier1 visa. In other words avoid applying when your Tier1 is about to expire. I applied and faced denial esp when I needed them most.

Table of Contents

Sponsorship Letter

Cover letter

hli
Newly Registered

Post by hli » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm

you are right, you have to fulfill any one of those status but you are not if you currently are holding tier 1 general visa.

on the right part of that page

“Settled status

You are normally resident in the United Kingdom with no immigration restriction on the length of your stay. To be free of immigration restriction you must have the right of abode or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.”