ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on delivery of biometric visa (premium application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scholarseekingILR
Newly Registered

Questions on delivery of biometric visa (premium application

Post by scholarseekingILR » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:35 am

On Monday I was approved for a Tier 2 visa on a premium appointment. I have not yet received the visa, and I need to travel overseas urgently. I realize that leaving the country before getting the visa is discouraged, I'm planning to have someone receive the visa and fedex it to me so I have it when I come back to the UK.

A few questions:

1) What Courier service does UKBA use? Do they deliver on Saturdays? (not sure if premium and postal applications are sent via different methods/couriers).

2) Can the letter with the visa be received by someone other than the named recipient, showing their ID (I was told the answer is "yes" at the PEO, just want to double check from practical experience).

3) If nobody's home when they come deliver the letter, can it be picked up from the courier, and if so can it be done by someone else other than me, showing the note, their ID and possibly one of my IDs as well? If not, how easy is it to reschedule delivery for a convenient time to ensure someone will be in to receive it?

Thanks in advance!!

karthiktr

Re: Questions on delivery of biometric visa (premium applica

Post by karthiktr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:48 am

scholarseekingILR wrote:On Monday I was approved for a Tier 2 visa on a premium appointment. I have not yet received the visa, and I need to travel overseas urgently. I realize that leaving the country before getting the visa is discouraged, I'm planning to have someone receive the visa and fedex it to me so I have it when I come back to the UK.

A few questions:

1) What Courier service does UKBA use? Do they deliver on Saturdays? (not sure if premium and postal applications are sent via different methods/couriers).

2) Can the letter with the visa be received by someone other than the named recipient, showing their ID (I was told the answer is "yes" at the PEO, just want to double check from practical experience).

3) If nobody's home when they come deliver the letter, can it be picked up from the courier, and if so can it be done by someone else other than me, showing the note, their ID and possibly one of my IDs as well? If not, how easy is it to reschedule delivery for a convenient time to ensure someone will be in to receive it?

Thanks in advance!!
They will send the visa throug DX courier serrvice. DX courier service will operate only on monday to friday only from 9 am to 5 pm. if nobody n home they will put DX card inside your door. Using the reference number in the card you have to rearrange redelivery. You may go and collect in person but if any DX office in your area. If not you have to rearrange on some other day.
I dunno whether any other person can collect on your behalf. This you need to check with the DX office but who ever collects will need Photo id either passport or driving license etc...

scholarseekingILR
Newly Registered

Re: Questions on delivery of biometric visa (premium applica

Post by scholarseekingILR » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:35 am

karthiktr wrote:
scholarseekingILR wrote:On Monday I was approved for a Tier 2 visa on a premium appointment. I have not yet received the visa, and I need to travel overseas urgently. I realize that leaving the country before getting the visa is discouraged, I'm planning to have someone receive the visa and fedex it to me so I have it when I come back to the UK.

A few questions:

Thanks in advance!!
They will send the visa throug DX courier serrvice. DX courier service will operate only on monday to friday only from 9 am to 5 pm. if nobody n home they will put DX card inside your door. Using the reference number in the card you have to rearrange redelivery. You may go and collect in person but if any DX office in your area. If not you have to rearrange on some other day.
I dunno whether any other person can collect on your behalf. This you need to check with the DX office but who ever collects will need Photo id either passport or driving license etc...
Thanks!! I managed to get the tracking number from DX by emailing them. They said they tried to deliver unsuccessfully which is a big lie as there has been someone home 100% of the time the last few dates and they didn't leave a note. With the note I'd be able to pick up from them today, but as I don't have it I can't.

Just in case someone finds this post in the future, someone else can receive/sign for the letter but they need the addressee's id (passport, driving license or debit or credit card). Or at least that's what I was told on the phone.