ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Experience on 9th Apr - Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ltan
Newly Registered

PEO Experience on 9th Apr - Croydon

Post by ltan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Dear All,

Just got back from a successful PEO interview today. Before I provide a brief summary on my experience, I would like to thank the many valuable comments/experiences from everyone in this immigration board. You guys really made my day!!

Appointment was @ 10:15, reached @ 9:45 went through security checks then payment. Biometrics was taken around 10:20. I was called to customer service window to submit my documents @ around noon. I was told to wait about 2 hrs. But, when the CW saw me already there by 13:00, he called me and informed me that my case was approved and gave me back my originals along with the letter. CW said to expect my BRP between 7 to 10 days.

Documents submitted with comments from CW on certain documents:

Application Form - ok
Payslips – This was almost a show-stopper as the CW was saying that I overstated my salary and made me itemized each month. He was already finished checking my documents while I was still doing the itemization. I can’t blame him though as I did not notice my payslip had info such as monthly salary, gross salary, etc. So, after I listened and then explained the various abbreviations in the payslip, he came to the conclusion that I understated my earnings, to my relief. I got to say that I was happy to be there in person and explain this. It would not have occurred to me to explain all these abbreviations if I were to mail it.
Bank statements - ok
Degree Certificate – Even when I checked this in the application form (though I know I did not need it), the CW just asked me to keep it without having to look at it.

When I asked the CW whether he would like to have a copy of supporting documents, he was happy to get this.

It was a little intimidating at first especially when the CW was asking me about my payslips. But, I sincerely believe that my CW along with other CWs truly want to help you have a good experience and have a successful application. But, you need to do your part to make this happen as well.

Thanks again to all of you!

Ltan

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: PEO Experience on 9th Apr - Croydon

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:06 pm

ltan wrote:Dear All,

Just got back from a successful PEO interview today. Before I provide a brief summary on my experience, I would like to thank the many valuable comments/experiences from everyone in this immigration board. You guys really made my day!!

Appointment was @ 10:15, reached @ 9:45 went through security checks then payment. Biometrics was taken around 10:20. I was called to customer service window to submit my documents @ around noon. I was told to wait about 2 hrs. But, when the CW saw me already there by 13:00, he called me and informed me that my case was approved and gave me back my originals along with the letter. CW said to expect my BRP between 7 to 10 days.

Documents submitted with comments from CW on certain documents:

Application Form - ok
Payslips – This was almost a show-stopper as the CW was saying that I overstated my salary and made me itemized each month. He was already finished checking my documents while I was still doing the itemization. I can’t blame him though as I did not notice my payslip had info such as monthly salary, gross salary, etc. So, after I listened and then explained the various abbreviations in the payslip, he came to the conclusion that I understated my earnings, to my relief. I got to say that I was happy to be there in person and explain this. It would not have occurred to me to explain all these abbreviations if I were to mail it.
Bank statements - ok
Degree Certificate – Even when I checked this in the application form (though I know I did not need it), the CW just asked me to keep it without having to look at it.

When I asked the CW whether he would like to have a copy of supporting documents, he was happy to get this.

It was a little intimidating at first especially when the CW was asking me about my payslips. But, I sincerely believe that my CW along with other CWs truly want to help you have a good experience and have a successful application. But, you need to do your part to make this happen as well.

Thanks again to all of you!

Ltan
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you also tell if you visa is renewed from today or from the expiry of your existing leave?

Thanks

ltan
Newly Registered

Post by ltan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:14 pm

I am afraid you got me there. I did not ask as I was only happy to get it approved. When I do get my BRP, I will post it here. Thanks.

cskadari
Newly Registered

Re: PEO Experience on 9th Apr - Croydon

Post by cskadari » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:50 pm

ltan wrote:Dear All,

Ltan
1. Have you covered these monthly breakup in your covering letter?
2. What were the observations he noticed on your payslips?
3. CW said that you have overstated you salary, how this can be happened?

ltan
Newly Registered

Post by ltan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Please see my answer to your questions below.

1. Have you covered these monthly breakup in your covering letter?
- There was no cover letter. In fact, this was not needed but only an exercise to get me to confirm the amount I stated in the form is consistent with the payslips. I did my part by highlighting in red the consistency between payslip and bank statement.
2. What were the observations he noticed on your payslips?
- This is where I stated earlier that I had monthly salary, gross salary and net. When the CW saw my gross salary in the payslips he could tell immediately that the amount was below than what I stated in the form. For some reason, my company considers gross salary as monthly salary minus pension contribution, that confused both the CW and I. The amount I put in the form is the monthly salary.
3. CW said that you have overstated you salary, how this can be happened?
- So, if you take the amount I stated correctly, I did not put in my bonus, which was also in my payslip that would have brought the amount higher. I was only considering monthly salary (which also supposed to be gross salary).

Hope this clarifies things.

ltan
Newly Registered

Post by ltan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:27 am

Just received my biometric card today. This is 2 days after my interview at Croydon, which is great!

On my biometric card, the extension date is based on when my original T1 would expire and not based on my appointment date.

Thanks.

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Thats great news LTan!! Not many get the expiry date to be from the visa's expiry date.

Will it be possible for you to mask all personal information and post a scan of a payslip? I am in the process of asking my accountant to send me mine and thought of referring to some samples to make sure he has done the right things.

Alternatively if these samples are lying around anywhere and if you could point me that would be fine too.

ltan
Newly Registered

Post by ltan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi Megatop,

I think everybody’s payslip is different. But, let me just provide a simple example on the contents of my payslip to give you a general idea instead.

Name
Company Name | Tax Period | Pay Period

Payment | Amount
Monthly Salary 1000
Bonus 500
Pension 200

Total Gross Payment 1300

Running Totals
This Employment
Total Gross 1300
Taxable Pay 1300
Tax Paid A
NI’able Pay B
EE NIC C
ER NIC D

Net Pay E

As I mentioned in my early comments, the confusion came with the Gross Salary and Monthly Salary. I made the mistake of keeping it simple and just assumed that it was self explanatory. I defer to the seniors on this board, but as long as you keep it clear and consistent (unlike mine that is showing a difference between monthly salary and gross salary. BTW, you may want to consult your accountant whether this is standard procedure on the terminology. But, just so you know, the CW will search for gross salary and net salary and probably others if you are self employed, which then you have to refer to the T1 guidance).

Hope this helps.

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks LTan for the quick response.

I will post back once I get a sample of what my accountant gives me..

Konaine
Newly Registered

Post by Konaine » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Itan,

Have you received you're BRP yet?

I was wondering how long its taking these days to receive BRP after premium service.

Thanks,

ltan
Newly Registered

Post by ltan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am

Hi,

It is in my earlier message. Basically, I got it within 2 days after my interview and not by normal post as I had to show proof of identification and sign for it when they came to my place.

Thanks.