ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband Refused a Visa - Advice Wanted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Paragtim
Newly Registered

Husband Refused a Visa - Advice Wanted

Post by Paragtim » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi all,
I am looking for some advice for my daughter. She is a Filipino born UK Citizen who has been resident in the UK for 8 years. She obtained her UK Citizenship 2+ years ago.
Last year (March 2012) she returned to the Philippines for a long vacation and during that time she got married. They applied for a visa for her husband to join her in the UK. The visa has been declined on the grounds the my daughter, who has 2 jobs and works in excess of 40 hours per week, does not met the financial requirements of 18,500 pa. In all other aspects the visa requirements have been met (health, English test, etc)

What I am looking to find out is how fixed is this policy and whether it is worth appealing against the decision. Is the fact that my daughter is on minimum wage a factor to bring to the argument - as there is no way any individual can meet the financial requirement who earns this rate of pay (40 hrs per week x £6.20 = £12,400.00 pa).

Does this not therefore impinge on her right to a family life under European Law.

I know that there are issues with visa's for Filipino's as even in my case the Entry clearance Office declined my daughter, who was then under 16, even though the current law gave us the right to bring her here, and I had to appeal that decision.

So to sum up, do the members of the forum believe that we can appeal this decision, with a likelihood of winning or would we just be throwing more money down the toilet.

Looking forward to the forums views.

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.