ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Here We Go!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newly Registered

Here We Go!

Post by WwW » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:45 am

At last Refused... :lol:

We were two members, PSW, 50000 access, Applied 12 October, Bios 24 Oct, Business plan submitted.

Refusal of other member received yesterday 10/04. Mine would be somewhere in postal cart or lorry.

His refusal is on two basis (Not on funds :P)
No contact details in contract. (How keen observers we were but overlooked, only put postal address)
Business and profession link does not justify. Professions are just administrating the business but not involved in the core activities of the business. (Could be right at their end)

Our business is to Survey Domestic Properties for Insulation to save Carbon emission and energy. In short SURVEYING.
One of us is Sales and Marketing Director covering his duties.... Level 6
One of us is Data Processing Manager covering his duties... Level 6

Business itself is at Level 4 and above.
Core Activity of business is to produce team of surveyors to survey houses UK wide.

We have invested already about 8,000 and just employed 10 employees on payroll who are working for us.

Wow what a kick on our a*s. 8)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 am

It sounds like you are simply knocking on doors asking people if they would like their loft insulated. Same as asking if they want double glazing. Where is the level 4 activity in that? Even if you are just surveying rather than selling and installing, who would pay for a separate survey when they can get that done by the actual installer or even the local council for free?

Newly Registered

Post by WwW » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:36 am

@Lucapooka
You are partially true. Its only a part of the business. Actually our work is on Energy Company Obligation (ECO) schemes and Green Deal. I have already completed Domestic Energy Assessment (DEA) and Green Deal Adviser (GDA) qualifications to present our company's ability. Now a days the Boiler Replacement scheme under ECO is on the way. Knocking is the lowest part which is also addressed by us and do not need any certification Our main thing is to produce Energy Performance Certificates, Green Deal Assessment and to invest; we may invest to provide new boilers (Even 80% negotiations with one company are done on this matter as well) . ECO is free for public. Green Deal is based on installments from savings. By contracting bigger or intermediaries companies, we claim funds by reporting them our workouts. These workouts maybe generated by contractors or by us through leads.

Actual Installers and Local Councils do this free but who do this for them??? The companies like us. They pay us for our work. Government pay Installers and Local Councils for this. Government manages these funds through worldwide and contribution from the profits of big companies like British Gas, Scottish Gas, EDF, Southern Electric etc etc. These funds do not relate to recession or taxes' money.

Any Estimators, Valuers and assessors have 3531 code in SOC volume

And its upper group is 353(*)
Business and Finance Associate Professionals

None of the profession in 3531 falls below level 4.

unto1

Post by unto1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Sorry for the refusal. Did you apply together with your team mate? Did you explain in details (the core business activities) in your application.

Newly Registered

Post by WwW » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:39 pm

@Unto1

Yes my friend, we did.

We applied together. We separately mentioned our job descriptions on our company's letter head.

Basically Case Worker's point is that we are Surveying but as Marketing & Sales Director and Data Processing Manager, we are just administrating the Surveying process. We are not involved in Surveying itself.

Our point was that the business itself is to provide SERVICES, which include Surveying. One Survey means One Sale which is only possible through Marketing. Survey itself is a process to collect and process data. If we separate the concept of Sale, Data Collection and Processing then where the core activity 'Survey' stands? Not only we are physically involved in it but also induct people for it.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 am

Go for appeal.
In my opinion, this visa category is not designed to be prepared by Solicitors. It must be prepared by experienced Accountants/Business Consultants who are well experienced to guide the link between Occupation and Business.

What I understand from your reasons that If somebody registered Security Company then its core activities could be Security Guarding. And if somebody put himself Security Manager for that company then his visa application will be refused. Because Security Manager administrates the company. He himself is not involved in the core activities.

Anyways it depends on the understanding of case worker.

Go for appeal, you have a chance to present your case.

Newly Registered

Post by WwW » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:19 am

I have not received my decision yet. My partner received his on 10/04.

We have to send our appeal. Are there same reasons in my refusal? Dont know. Difficult situation. Anybody any idea or advice?

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:59 am

Hi www

WAt the bottom line I picked frm ur tread is as

I) the title u provided and the job description u provided
ii) now the point will be picked at this stage that if there is any corelation between the job title and the services provided
THere is no point u gt relevent degree r certificates as u mentioned
Solely the services u r going to provide shud be stringly related to ur job tile the case worker will decide on that basis
Rizmir

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi www sorry forgot to clarify the main point in last thread

ITs very clear from the case worker judgement that ur title sales and marketing director does not match with surveying (core activity) as I mentioned in my last thread that wat u hve written in the services text (whether on ur website page r any other marketing material) shud precisely match with ur job title
Order to clarify my point further I give u example as below
Like if someone gt degree in civil engineering and he provide job title like private tutor now this point case worker focuss wat he or she going to write in services and even if someone writes in services he teaches chemistry r math irrespective of his civil engineering degree he will score the point coz wat he written in services precisely matches with his job title
Rizmir

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 pm

WwW wrote:@Lucapooka
You are partially true. Its only a part of the business. Actually our work is on Energy Company Obligation (ECO) schemes and Green Deal. I have already completed Domestic Energy Assessment (DEA) and Green Deal Adviser (GDA) qualifications to present our company's ability. Now a days the Boiler Replacement scheme under ECO is on the way. Knocking is the lowest part which is also addressed by us and do not need any certification Our main thing is to produce Energy Performance Certificates, Green Deal Assessment and to invest; we may invest to provide new boilers (Even 80% negotiations with one company are done on this matter as well) . ECO is free for public. Green Deal is based on installments from savings. By contracting bigger or intermediaries companies, we claim funds by reporting them our workouts. These workouts maybe generated by contractors or by us through leads.

Actual Installers and Local Councils do this free but who do this for them??? The companies like us. They pay us for our work. Government pay Installers and Local Councils for this. Government manages these funds through worldwide and contribution from the profits of big companies like British Gas, Scottish Gas, EDF, Southern Electric etc etc. These funds do not relate to recession or taxes' money.

Any Estimators, Valuers and assessors have 3531 code in SOC volume

And its upper group is 353(*)
Business and Finance Associate Professionals

None of the profession in 3531 falls below level 4.
The qualifications needed are level 3 I think. It isn't a structural survey. People need to do a five day course!!!!!!!

Newly Registered

Post by WwW » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Private Tutor is good example and logical but every business do not fall in this model. I have other examples around me from office removal companies to boiler fitters who got this visa. They didnt know about this forum. I know their designation and businesses which have no links but got visa. It is luck which comes in front of you as a caseworker.

Moreover i would request all you guys to to do these 5 days course. Will you do?
If it relates to my business then its my requirement whether 5 days or 30 days. One thing I know; I am accredited to do my job with professional bodies.

Profession level and Business level are two different things but their relation could exist. It is debatable issue.

Anyways thanks for everybody. It might help others.

One thing --- I dare to put my business details and refusal reasons even with the situation I am facing. But I felt that people are criticizing over it now when It is already criticized by UKBA. I was looking for some help to present in appeal but...

Its better to leave. take care and best of luck everybody.