ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Gen Ext Success Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Konaine
Newly Registered

T1 Gen Ext Success Croydon

Post by Konaine » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi All,

Firstly I must say this forum is a great place for tip and to discuss problems. While it has given me unnecessary reasons to get paranoid it has also helped me a lot.

On 9th of April I applied for T1 Gen extension at Croydon and by the grace of God had success.

My appointment was at 11:30. Me and my spouse who drove me to Croydon left home at about 8:00. we left early to avoid traffic and get there with good margin, good thing we did because traffic was horrible. We reached at 11 and i made my way in. As most people have said there is airport style security, I made my way to the first counter and showed my passport and t1 form to the person and get my application registered. I get issued with a pink ticket with a number on it. then i make my way to the second floor. there is a long line of metal benches where i found various people waiting. the process looks quiet over whelming to be honest and i am slightly nervous. i wait and wait and after 40 mins, get called for my bio metric. i register my bio metric and then am asked to go the third floor. this is where all the case workers are. i now start to wait to be seen by a case worker. I wait again and approx after 2 hrs get called by a CW. She seemed like a sweet lady greeted me with a smile. I handed my file to her and she told me to sit in front of her while she goes through my documentation. I sat and then she starts browsing through my docs. everything seemed okay to her and she told me to go sit further back at one of the benches and that she'll call me when she will need to.

I went and waited. After about 35 mins cw called me and told me that my application had been approved and handed me a letter which had all my details and asked me to check the details. I couldn't believe that it took her only 35 mins to decide. to be fair my documentation was pretty straight.

Below are my visa details:

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 General Entry Clearance
2. Date of PEO Appointment: 09-April-2013
3. Number of dependents: 0
4. Employment: Salaried
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): 11-April-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa: 11-April-2016
7. Payment mode: Debit Card
8. Name of PEO Applied: Croydon
9. Decision : Approved 09-April-2013
9: Approval letter: Given same day
10. BRP Received on: 12-April-2013

Documents Submitted:

12 Month Bank statements
Letter from Employer
12 Month Pay slips

Over all my experience was quite alright. Like me if you've never been before. it will be slightly nerve wracking. however i found that cw are pretty helpful people who want to help you. So as long as all documents are organised everything is okay they are okay.

Hope this helps!

binghi
Newly Registered

Post by binghi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:20 pm

My congratulations!) Yes, it's helpful indeed and thanks for sharing your experience.