ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child with British passport- claiming benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pritzy_18
Newly Registered

child with British passport- claiming benefits

Post by pritzy_18 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:32 pm

hi there! I'm non-British national, currently at this country under PWS. I gave birth to my baby and is not holding a british passport. Unfortunately, me and the father of my child split up before i gave birth,who is Irish but has been leaving in England for nearly 30 years now. Despite our breakup we still tried to maintain our communication because of our child.

My question is: Am I entitled to claim benefits like child benefits, tax credit and housing despite on my passport that says no recourse to public funds?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child with British passport- claiming benefits

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:24 pm

pritzy_18 wrote:My question is: Am I entitled to claim benefits like child benefits, tax credit and housing despite on my passport that says no recourse to public funds?
No, as you are subject to immigration control and have the condition of "no recourse to public funds" on your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: child with British passport- claiming benefits

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm

pritzy_18 wrote:hi there! I'm non-British national, currently at this country under PWS. I gave birth to my baby and is not holding a british passport. Unfortunately, me and the father of my child split up before i gave birth,who is Irish but has been leaving in England for nearly 30 years now. Despite our breakup we still tried to maintain our communication because of our child.

My question is: Am I entitled to claim benefits like child benefits, tax credit and housing despite on my passport that says no recourse to public funds?
If the father is working ask for money to help towards costs of the child. If he doesn't give you anything or not enough contact child maintenance options on 0800 988 0988. Regarding benefits you cannot claim as they're public funds. However, if someone else who was not subject to immigration control was responsible for the child they could claim the child benefit/tax credits.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

pritzy_18
Newly Registered

Post by pritzy_18 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:05 am

ok, thank you both for your reply