ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 applicant but need my passport back asap!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allana2010
Newly Registered

EEA2 applicant but need my passport back asap!

Post by allana2010 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 am

Hi All!,

i have applied for an EE2 as a primary carer of a British child. My paspport will expire this month. Do i need to get my passport back from Liverpool office or just leave it until they will have result for my application. My application will be 6 month on May.

I wanted to know if it is necessary for me to pull out my passport and renew them and send it back?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks all

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm

It's not necessary for you to do that. If you wish to renew your passport, it is likely that your home country will want to have the old passport. If your passport is expired, UKBA will likely put your residence card on immigration status document (aka a piece of A4 paper).

allana2010
Newly Registered

Post by allana2010 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:09 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile,

Thank you for the info. It is a big relief..

Thank you again.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It's not necessary for you to do that. If you wish to renew your passport, it is likely that your home country will want to have the old passport. If your passport is expired, UKBA will likely put your residence card on immigration status document (aka a piece of A4 paper).
my wifes embassy wont issue her a new passport without either a police reference number stating it is lost / stolen AND sufficient proof of ID.
or the old passport and further ID....

when my wife had new documents before, she recieved the old documents with the indonesian words of "not valid" stamped. we have approached the embassy already with these two documents she holds but they wouldnt accept them. they need the most recent document issued. they did say they would issue a passport if we had reported it to the police as lost and gave them a reference number (however, this is a crime - so really not worth trying.)

if i was you i would write to rob whiteman's email address. highlight the fact that withholding the travel document of the primary carer of a british citizen hinders their rights under directive 2004/38/ec to free movement without hinderance.

if enough of the derivative residence applicants on here do this, then surely ukba will get their acts together and stop breaking so many EU / UN treaties that they agree to be bound by.

wiggsy

Re: EEA2 applicant but need my passport back asap!

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:59 pm

allana2010 wrote:
I wanted to know if it is necessary for me to pull out my passport and renew them and send it back?
also, do you have other leave to remain in the UK...? or is your only leave Derivative Residence?
I really doubt they will return your passport if you request it if you have no other leave to remain. - they have held lots of passports for failed applications.