ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Easy Tiger

ILR Help

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi , i have a question about my wife's IlR application which is due to be submitted in march 2014.

She already has city & guilds intentional diploma A1 level when she arrived here on a spouse visa in December 2011. Now because she on the old rules 2 year route to ILR and not new 5 year , can she do a ESOL citizenship course now and submit the certificate in February 2014 with her ILR application or do life in the UK test only.

Thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:44 am

Hi , I would appreciate it if someone take some time to answer my question. I know questions about ILR have been time & time again but con't any answers to my question. All I need to is if your on the old 2 year route to ILR and your English is below esol entry level 3 can u still the esol citizenship course now and submitted it with your ILR application in march 2014.

Thank You

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:02 am

Anyone applying after october 2013 need to have both. ESOL with citizenship as well as life in UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , I would appreciate it if someone take some time to answer my question. I know questions about ILR have been time & time again but con't any answers to my question. All I need to is if your on the old 2 year route to ILR and your English is below esol entry level 3 can u still the esol citizenship course now and submitted it with your ILR application in march 2014.

Thank You
This is from the UKBA website: Point 7
From October 2013 all applicants applying for indefinite leave to remain will need to pass the Knowledge of Life in the UK test and a B1 English language
requirement.

Here's the link to the full instructions:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary