ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success Solihull 09/4/2013 5 years WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lxx

ILR success Solihull 09/4/2013 5 years WP

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:55 am

Hi All

Big thanks to members of this forum who helped me a lot in the process of preparation for the application.

special thanks to Kevin24, wpilr_nov12, Gagan1986, vinny, John, ILR05, uksettlement, sheraz7 and dk2011, thank you for all your kind help :)

I switched to work permit from student visa in May 2008, one employer, no dependent, straight-forward case I suppose.

Here is my experience at Solihull PEO on 9 April 2013:

Appointment was at 9am. Door opened on time at 8:30pm, was let in after security checks. Was allocated a ticket number with a guidance note of appointment procedures. It clearly states payment procedure before the interview.

Was called around 9:20, the case worker was a very nice and friendly lady. She asked for application form and passport, asked me to confirm that I was willing to make the application and sign a form to confirm.

She did some checks on her computer and asked if I had only one employer.

Other documents asked for:
previous passport (with valid WP)
Life in UK certificate
employer's letter (one with SOC code and annual salary, confirming paid above required level and still required for the employment, the other one confirming days outside UK in 5 years, all paid annual leave)
most recent payslip
most recent bank statement

I asked her if she needed photocopies, she was happy to take them. I also provided the spreadsheet for absence from UK. Not sure if she quickly went through all documents but just saw her putting all originals in one bundle and all copies in another bundle.

She went to the back for about 5 minutes then came back with photocopies of my passport and a purple receipt for the fee(£1426). She said the payment had been taken and I could go back to the waiting area.

She did say that I would get a letter later and could go back to collect the original documents after 1 to 1.5 hours. I thought it was just the process of collecting documents however that was the interview, finished around 9:40. We chatted a bit but no question asked about any document provided.

Got finger prints and picture taken around 10:20, for some reason it failed and was asked to do it again one hour later. Was told it was not my fault though. Was called to the reception and a very friendly lady apologised for the delay and said I could collect everything in 10 minutes. Finally got passports and all other originals back together with the approval letter around midday. Now waiting for biometric card.

Documents prepared but was not asked for:
further 11 months bank statements
saving account statements for 12 months
5 years' payslips
5 years' P60s attested by employer
WP letter
visa approval letter
contract of employment
degree certificate

The staff in Solihull has been really polite and helpful, highly recommended even if they now take payment before approving application! I think my payment was taken at the end of the interview though.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Good luck for all applicants!
Last edited by lxx on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

alanwong

Re: ILR success Solihull 09/4/2013 5 years WP

Post by alanwong » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 am

lxx wrote:Hi All

Big thanks to members of this forum who helped me a lot in the process of preparation for the application.

special thanks to Kevin24, wpilr_nov12, Gagan1986, vinny, John, ILR05, uksettlement, sheraz7 and dk2011, thank you for all your kind help :)

I switched to work permit from student visa in May 2008, one employer, no dependent, straight-forward case I suppose.

Appointment was at 9am. Door opened on time at 8:30pm, was let in after security checks. Was allocated a ticket number with a guidance note of appointment procedures. It clearly states payment procedure before the interview.

Was called around 9:20, the case worker was a very nice and friendly lady. She asked for application form and passport, asked me to confirm that I was willing to make the application and sign a form to confirm.

Life in UK certificate
employer's letter (one with SOC code and annual salary, confirming paid above required level and still required for the employment, the other one confirming days outside UK in 5 years, all paid annual leave)
most recent payslip

I asked her if she needed photocopies, she was happy to take them. I also provided the spreadsheet for absence from UK. Not sure if she quickly went through all documents but just saw her putting all originals in one bundle and all copies in another bundle.

She went to the back for about 5 minutes then came back with photocopies of my passport and a purple receipt for the fee(£1426). She said the payment had been taken and I could go back to the waiting area.

She did say that I would get a letter later and could go back to collect the original documents after 1 to 1.5 hours. I thought it was just the process of collecting documents however that was the interview, finished around 9:40. We chatted a bit but no question asked about any document provided.

Got finger prints and picture taken around 10:20, for some reason it failed and was asked to do it again one hour later. Was told it was not my fault though. Was called to the reception and a very friendly lady apologised for the delay and said I could collect everything in 10 minutes. Finally got passports and all other originals back together with the approval letter around midday. Now waiting for biometric card.

5 years' payslips
WP letter
visa approval letter
contract of employment
degree certificate

The staff in Solihull have been really polite and helpful, highly recommended even if they now take payment before approving application! I think my payment was taking at the end of the interview though.

Congratulations on you! Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 am

Congratulations.
Can you kindly share your SOC salary and absence letter.
Thanks

RDS3
Newly Registered

Post by RDS3 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 am

yes please share if the SOC code mentioned on the employer's letter was as per SOC2000 system or SOC2010 system?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:00 am

Hi ,

I'm so happy . Many many congratulations ! :D

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:06 am

Well done Mate!. Congratulations. Thank You for the kind words.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 am

lxx wrote:Hi All

Life in UK certificate
most recent payslip

5 years' payslips
WP letter
visa approval letter
contract of employment
degree certificate

The staff in Solihull have been really polite and helpful, highly recommended even if they now take payment before approving application! I think my payment was taking at the end of the interview though.

Hello

Congrats for ILR!

Did they send you to any payment counter where you have been giving your card details or just straight into interview.

Regads
Anandh

natspace
Newly Registered

Post by natspace » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:57 pm

Congratulations!
lxx wrote: Other documents asked for:
Life in UK certificate
most recent payslip

Please could you share the format of the two letters from the employer?
I assume the spreadsheet absence form was continuation from the application form.

Also, did you use the new version of the application form? If yes, I'd appreciate some insight on sections 5.6, 7.11, 8B.

Cheers

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 pm

alanwong wrote: Congratulations on you! Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
Thank you :D

You contributed a lot to this forum as everyone can see.
Last edited by lxx on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:31 pm

tanvirni wrote:Congratulations.
Can you kindly share your SOC salary and absence letter.
Thanks
Here they are: (basically copied from the templates from this forum)

1st letter:

Date:
To: UK Border Agency

Dear Sirs/Madam
This is to state that XXX is presently employed in full time (37.5 hours per week) with XXX since XXX 2008 (date of visa issued) and presently holds the job title / designation of XXX.
His current salary is GBPXXX which is above the appropriate rate as per SOC XXX(code) for XXX as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. The above mentioned SOC code and job title have been chosen to reflect the closest match to XXX’s current designation and associated job responsibilities.
XXX’s services as an employee are still required and he will continue to remain employed with XXX in the foreseeable future.
Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarifications in the matter, please feel free to get in touch with the undersigned.
Yours faithfully

XXX
XXX(position)
For & on behalf of XXX
Phone No.:
Email:

2nd letter:

Date:

Dear Sirs/Madam
Application of XXX for indefinite leave to remain in the UK under the Work Permit approved employment category
This is to confirm that XXX has been employed in the UK by XXX.
His current work permit is valid until XXX 2013 but we will continue to employ him beyond that date.
He was absent from the United Kingdom, in India, for the following periods:
Sr. From To Total Days Reason
1 XXX XXX XX business trip
2 XXX XXX XX paid annual leave (family visit)
3 XXX XXX XX business trip

Total XXX

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours faithfully

XXX
XXX(position)
For & on behalf of XXX
Phone No.:
Email:

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:36 pm

RDS3 wrote:yes please share if the SOC code mentioned on the employer's letter was as per SOC2000 system or SOC2010 system?
It should be SOC2010 code.

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:43 pm

dk2011 wrote:Hi ,

I'm so happy . Many many congratulations ! :D
Thank you, good luck for your application if you are to make one!

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Well done Mate!. Congratulations. Thank You for the kind words.
Thank you for all your contributions to the forum!

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 pm

anandh79 wrote: Hello

Congrats for ILR!

Did they send you to any payment counter where you have been giving your card details or just straight into interview.

Regads
Anandh
Thank you Anandh

There is no payment counter there, the lady took payment from the card details on the payment page of my application form at the end of the interview, she then returned the payment page to me together with the receipt.
Last edited by lxx on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 pm

natspace wrote:Congratulations!
Please could you share the format of the two letters from the employer?
I assume the spreadsheet absence form was continuation from the application form.

Also, did you use the new version of the application form? If yes, I'd appreciate some insight on sections 5.6, 7.11, 8B.

Cheers
Letters posted as above.

The spreadsheet for absence was downloaded from the sticky post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64235

I used the new version of the application form although old forms will be accepted for applications made before 27 April.

5.6 left blank as not applicable (only need to be completed if you are unable to meet the appropriate rate of pay because you are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave - as stated at the bottom of page 11)

7.11 calculated how many years & months since I first entered UK

8B left blank

I am a bit confused as I did not actually saw the case worker going through my application form or read my documents carefully - she probably skimmed through and was satisfied with the key words while I was taking other documents out from the folder.

By the way I dressed in formal and probably looked professional as some members as well as my boss suggested, I think it did make a difference as I saw most applicants were wearing jeans. The kind case worker was very helpful and did not give me any hard time, bless her! :D
Last edited by lxx on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

RDS3
Newly Registered

Post by RDS3 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:23 pm

lxx wrote:
RDS3 wrote:yes please share if the SOC code mentioned on the employer's letter was as per SOC2000 system or SOC2010 system?
Congrats and Thanks for sharing the information.

GenX

Post by GenX » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:40 pm

congratulations on the success..please advise if the case worker specifically asked for the leave letter or you just handed her that from your side..

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm

RDS3 wrote:
lxx wrote:
Congrats and Thanks for sharing the information.
Thank you

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm

GenX wrote:congratulations on the success..please advise if the case worker specifically asked for the leave letter or you just handed her that from your side..
Thank you
She did ask for employer's letter, I think it is a very important document!
Good luck!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Absences from UK ( work related and Annual Leave) in Excel Format, along with the Employer's letter confirming these absences would have been acceptable too by the CW.That's IMHO. Thank you for posting the 2 letters. Will definitely benefit the members in this Forum.
KEVIN

GenX

Post by GenX » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 pm

My problem is that employer will not give the leave letter. I know people in this forum have got ILR without this letter and before 6th April they were not asked for this letter but I was wondering if now cw is asking or this letter or just employer letter confirming role, salary, SOC , etc. please clarify...

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 pm

GenX wrote:My problem is that employer will not give the leave letter. I know people in this forum have got ILR without this letter and before 6th April they were not asked for this letter but I was wondering if now cw is asking or this letter or just employer letter confirming role, salary, SOC , etc. please clarify...
You have to wait for some more experiences to be posted. Whether CW is insisting on this letter or applicants are giving to the CW ,with out not being asked for.
KEVIN

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:57 pm

GenX wrote:congratulations on the success..please advise if the case worker specifically asked for the leave letter or you just handed her that from your side..
Let me clarify that she did ask for the employer's letter but did not particularly mention the absence letter. I handed her both letters but did not really think she read the letters word by word.
Last edited by lxx on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lxx

Post by lxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:05 pm

GenX wrote:My problem is that employer will not give the leave letter. I know people in this forum have got ILR without this letter and before 6th April they were not asked for this letter but I was wondering if now cw is asking or this letter or just employer letter confirming role, salary, SOC , etc. please clarify...
If you are applying for settlement on the ground of 5 years WP, I think you will need the absence letter from your employer as 6.3 asked for on the application form. Not sure if you can provide a letter from yourself explaining all these backed by your payslips for these periods proving they were paid leave.

Good luck!

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:50 am

2nd letter:

Date:

Dear Sirs/Madam
Application of XXX for indefinite leave to remain in the UK under the Work Permit approved employment category
This is to confirm that XXX has been employed in the UK by XXX.
His current work permit is valid until XXX 2013 but we will continue to employ him beyond that date.
He was absent from the United Kingdom, in India, for the following periods:
Sr. From To Total Days Reason
1 XXX XXX XX business trip
2 XXX XXX XX paid annual leave (family visit)
3 XXX XXX XX business trip

Total XXX

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours faithfully

XXX
XXX(position)
For & on behalf of XXX
Phone No.:
Email:
LXX, Have you submitted the same format of the letter you received from your employer and submitted to UKBA ??

Including, high-lighted above wording will not cause any issue right ?
please confirm.

I have got the same format of the letter from ex-employer too.
Thanks in Advance