ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

on maternity leave - please help in filling Set(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GenX

on maternity leave - please help in filling Set(O) form

Post by GenX » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi All,

First of all I would like to say that this is a great forum and everyone here are very helpful.

I need your help in filling the SET(O) form. Here is my case

I am on maternity leave since December 2012. I landed UK in 2008 and since then I am working for the same employer. I have completed 5 years in UK and is now eligible for ILR. I was going through the new SET(O) form and is very confused about the details in need to fill in section 5. Request you to please help me

1. Kindly tell me what should I fill in this section where it asks for SOC code , current rate of pay (per hour), current rate of pay(per annum), number of hours this salary is based on, number of working hours.

I got the salary till 8th Feb 2013 and after that SMA started since then I am just getting 135 pounds per week. My annual salary was 45k. Please confirm what information of salary I should ask my employer to mention in the employer letter.

What do I need to fill here

Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 - 5.5 that you and your
partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants.

Kindly help me

Thanks

GenX

Post by GenX » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 am

Hi experts, please look into my issue and advise me...

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:57 am

1. Kindly tell me what should I fill in this section where it asks for SOC code , current rate of pay (per hour), current rate of pay(per annum), number of hours this salary is based on, number of working hours.

Replying even though i'm no expert. :) Expert can correct me if i'm wrong.

When your employer apply for visa under tier 2 system they issue COS.
COS has all details regarding your SOC code , Annual salary and number of weekly hours your salary is based upon. In order to meet requirement, they do manipulate annual salary/no. of weekly hours/designation etc in COS. Please get in touch with employer to get all these details. Just in case , if you have copy of COS you will get all these info. Need to convert SOC 2000 to SOC 2010.

GenX

Post by GenX » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks dk2011, actually I am confused because my COS was applied before maternity leave. The salary on COS is mentioned as 45k but now I am not getting that salary but your point seems logical , I wanted to confirm if I have to use the COS salary or my current maternity leave salary

Also what should I fill here

Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 - 5.5 that you and your
partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:36 pm

[quote="GenX"]Thanks dk2011, actually I am confused because my COS was applied before maternity leave. The salary on COS is mentioned as 45k but now I am not getting that salary but your point seems logical , I wanted to confirm if I have to use the COS salary or my current maternity leave salary

Also what should I fill here

partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants.[/quote]

If you are unable to meet the appropriate rate of pay because you are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave
you should answer questions 5.6, 5.7 and 5.8. If this does not apply to you, please go to section 6.

Since , your most recent payslip won't reflect your salary as you are on maternity leave you have to fill section 5.6 specifying how are you managing finances . Are you getting money from your husband ?
Or , you have enough savings ? All these you need to mention and with proof(Bank statement etc). Also , check number of pay slips requirement for people who are on maternity/paternity leave.

GenX

Post by GenX » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks dk2011, should I also get the same COS salary mentioned in the employers letter?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 pm

That's correct . That is what is your salary and should meet salary requirement. The amount which your getting while on maternity leave isn't your salary. Please do check number of payslips you need to carry.

GenX

Post by GenX » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:06 pm

dk2011 wrote:That's correct . That is what is your salary and should meet salary requirement. The amount which your getting while on maternity leave isn't your salary. Please do check number of payslips you need to carry.

Thanks so much,I will find the requirement for salary slips. I have another doubt. Like you said in the form where I need to mention SOC code , I should fill my original salary per annum. One of my friend told me it should me the SOC applicable salary selected from the so list published by UKBA. In my case the SOC applicable salary is around 30k while my actual salary is 45k so please confirm which salary I need to fill there.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 pm

You need to mention your actual salary. 30000 in this case means that is the minimum an experienced worker should be getting . CW is going to verify your actual salary against appendixj as well as employer letter should confirm that you are paid at or above standard rate.