ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entry/exit stamps on passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnyday

entry/exit stamps on passports

Post by sunnyday » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi,

for ILR application, should I make a separate sheet stating all the entry/ exit dates from the UK for the benefits of the case worker who will be working on my case? as you know, there are many stamps and look confusing at the first glance. What do you guys think?

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:15 pm

No harm in making a list (you'll need it for your naturalisation app anyway), but I would only present it if the caseworker raises any questions (I am assuming you are applying in person)

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:24 pm

It is definitely worthwhile. When I applied for ILR I was specifically asked for a list of my entries and exits to and from the UK. They use this to make sure you meet the requirement of not having spent too much time outside the UK.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:29 pm

am applying by post though. Is that such a good idea? If I made an error, they could use that against me.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:39 pm

sunnyday wrote:am applying by post though. Is that such a good idea? If I made an error, they could use that against me.
But if you're simply listing the stamps that are in your passport, why would you make an error?

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:23 am

Because even I got confused myself.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:45 pm

sunnyday wrote:Because even I got confused myself.
Then do it on a rough piece of paper and make sure it all tallies before you do the fair copy.