ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Anyways...to bring it back on topic...

Can anyone who has had their application decided please share the time it took from submitting biometrics to having a decision made?

I understand that every application is different and take different times, but this may give me an average idea as to how long I should be expecting to wait for a decision to be made (I submitted my biometrics 27/3/13).

Thank you!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Tuga wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:He states he signs on at the police station more reason y i wouldnt go because why would they wana interview him now. i personally wouldnt go i just wait for the outcome of my application.
This ranting is getting out of hand. The success of his pending application depends on whether he attends the interview or not. Why would he not attend the interview if there's nothing to fear?
Can I please suggest to all on this thread that we are not legal representatives and just because we might have a few understanding of people's past immigration history and might read extensively on immigration matters doesn't necessarily make us authoritative on legal matters.

I will also like to add that our motive on this thread is to share our timeline and past experiences which will enrich all towards our quest for success in any immigration matter.

I do appreciate everyone's help in advising Walex not to go but we must also remember that the onus is on him/her to make a decision and I will hope that he/she do make the right one. I can't see the benefit of not responding by attending any interview request from UKBA. The best we could recommend in my opinion is for Walex to seek legal advice and hopefully go with a legal representative. But to suggest he shouldn't attend this interview is very shallow and ill thought.

He ask for our opinion we gave him one there's nothing shallow or ill thought about that. Everyone entitle to their opinion. Is his choice if he wana go or not but people only advising him. Alot of people go to ukba for interview with nothing to fear but still get detain and what the others are saying there's a possiblilty they probably hold on to him.

rec212

Hey

Post by rec212 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Babatha wrote:Anyways...to bring it back on topic...

Can anyone who has had their application decided please share the time it took from submitting biometrics to having a decision made?

I understand that every application is different and take different times, but this may give me an average idea as to how long I should be expecting to wait for a decision to be made (I submitted my biometrics 27/3/13).

Thank you!
Babatha, I got in touch with my PM and she said that if I don't hear anything in 4 weeks after my bio then I should get in touch with her to chase it up. It means that the average waiting time after the bio are done is from 2 weeks to 4 weeks (this is based on my correspondence with people who got replies)

Here is my time line:
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

Babatha
Newly Registered

Re: Hey

Post by Babatha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:55 pm

rec212 wrote:

Thank you!
Babatha, I got in touch with my PM and she said that if I don't hear anything in 4 weeks after my bio then I should get in touch with her to chase it up. It means that the average waiting time after the bio are done is from 2 weeks to 4 weeks (this is based on my correspondence with people who got replies)

Here is my time line:
Thanks, that's very helpful advice. A question though, would that be 2-4 weeks after the day you submitted the biometrics or from the date that the UKBA acknowledged receiving them? I haven't had that letter yet but I assume i'll get it fairly soon as it's been a couple weeks since I submitted them.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Babatha wrote: Thanks, that's very helpful advice. A question though, would that be 2-4 weeks after the day you submitted the biometrics or from the date that the UKBA acknowledged receiving them? I haven't had that letter yet but I assume i'll get it fairly soon as it's been a couple weeks since I submitted them.
Babatha, The UKBA does no send a letter of acknowledgement for receiving your biometrics. The latter have been done in the post office and sent electronically to UKBA; you may want to start counting from the day you sent them. :)
Do you still have your bio letter inclosed with a receipt? Keep it somewhere safe as a proof.

May Allah (God) Bless you and keep you safe and intact.
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 pm

rec212 wrote:

Thank you!

Here is my time line:
I rang UKBA last 2 weeks (which 4 weeks after I've enrolled my Biometric), the lady just asked me to ring back next month because she won't be able to disclose any information for the application less than 6 months :-(

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Ohh thank you for that! I thought I read somewhere that they sent an biometric ack. letter! Haha I would've been getting worried very soon if you hadn't told me that :p

I will get in touch with my MP at the end of the month I think then, they have been helpful in getting information for me.

Thanks and good luck to everyone else :)

walex
Newly Registered

Post by walex » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi guys,

It is always to better to disagree in order to agree. All advises are great. "Experience is the best teacher" An adage from a noble person...

Tuga and co; a decision has always been made by myself. Whatever the consequences, I will keep you guys update wherever I found myself after my visit.

Recently, I enrolled my Biometric; so, I will share whatever the outcome with you all. Lets all continue to give vital and productive opinions to those in need; including ourselves.

I have been jobless for months, so I had better know what my position is rather than stay at home rotting.

Thank you all.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:53 pm

lenn83 wrote: I rang UKBA last 2 weeks (which 4 weeks after I've enrolled my Biometric), the lady just asked me to ring back next month because she won't be able to disclose any information for the application less than 6 months :-(
Lenn83, we also need to consider how complicated the case is; complicated cases should take more time than straightforward cases. Let's all be positive and hopefully we will all be relieved. :D

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello. Am kind of new to these forums, I have a query and I dont know how to deal with this am thinking of complaining. Anyway I applied for flr (o) as a parent of a British child. I have sole responsibility gor the child as my husband has now abandoned me and moved abroad. Did my biometric in beginning of march, then received a letter frm a case worker mid march requesting additional evidence to prove a I am a sole carer to my daughter which I did promptly. Now a week later I receive another letter frm another caseworker requesting more information for the category of access rights to a child in yhe uk. I am frustrated . Please help.

Thanks. :oops:

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Tuga wrote:
ale001 wrote:
Tuga wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
This ranting is getting out of hand. The success of his pending application depends on whether he attends the interview or not. Why would he not attend the interview if there's nothing to fear?
Can I please suggest to all on this thread that we are not legal representatives and just because we might have a few understanding of people's past immigration history and might read extensively on immigration matters doesn't necessarily make us authoritative on legal matters.

I will also like to add that our motive on this thread is to share our timeline and past experiences which will enrich all towards our quest for success in any immigration matter.

I do appreciate everyone's help in advising Walex not to go but we must also remember that the onus is on him/her to make a decision and I will hope that he/she do make the right one. I can't see the benefit of not responding by attending any interview request from UKBA. The best we could recommend in my opinion is for Walex to seek legal advice and hopefully go with a legal representative. But to suggest he shouldn't attend this interview is very shallow and ill thought.
Your post is pointless here. There is a significant difference between advising Walex not to attend interview with the UKBA and attending it with his solicitor or a barrister. Next time before you comment on a post, carefully read it properly before you apply any indirectly rude comment. No one asked Walex not to attend his interview with the UKBA. Only a senseless person will tell him not to attend the interview because the interview might be for his own positive result from the UKBA. We only told Walex not to go alone. We only told him to consult his solicitor and go with his solicitor if possible with a barrister for prevention in case if the UKBA intention is not for what they told him. So, pls always ready comment fully before you challenge anyone on this thread. This thread has been growing with excellent understanding and difference ideas and advises...

I repeat again, always read posts and comments before you respond.

No one should challenge or insult anyone here indirectly because it might result to automatic ban from this thread.

Good luck
Hi ale001,

I'm not in anyway disagreeing with all of your suggestions, and I do appreciate you did mention legal counsel; my trouble is the scaremongering your post seem to portray.
Also if you read some of the suggestions given by others who agree with you, it did point to Walex not attending the interview (may be you might want to read that again). I am therefore in disagreement with that and find it strange you will think I have been rude towards you when you haven't made such suggestion.

I do apologise however if anyone find my comments rude, it was meant to be in good faith.

I still stand by the core of my post that we need to be careful what suggestions we give and encourage legal counsel.
Apology accepted and on behalf of others..

Mind you, i personally did not said Walex should not go and attend the interview with the UKBA, and i will never advise anyone not to attend any interview with the UKBA if required. However, i will advise anyone not to attend the interview ALONE, except with a good solicitor only if the interview call up is STRANGE.

I hope i'm cleared?
Ale001

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:55 pm

No one is telling Wolex not to go but its better he goes dere with a Solicitor or a Barrister... That's all we r saying :oops:

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 pm

[quote="imoto"]Hello. Am kind of new to these forums, I have a query and I dont know how to deal with this am thinking of complaining. Anyway I applied for flr (o) as a parent of a British child. I have sole responsibility gor the child as my husband has now abandoned me and moved abroad. Did my biometric in beginning of march, then received a letter frm a case worker mid march requesting additional evidence to prove a I am a sole carer to my daughter which I did promptly. Now a week later I receive another letter frm another caseworker requesting more information for the category of access rights to a child in yhe uk. I am frustrated . Please help.

Thanks. :oops:[/

Are you claiming any sort of benefit for your child?

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:03 pm

[quote="sanny26"][quote="imoto"]Hello. Am kind of new to these forums, I have a query and I dont know how to deal with this am thinking of complaining. Anyway I applied for flr (o) as a parent of a British child. I have sole responsibility gor the child as my husband has now abandoned me and moved abroad. Did my biometric in beginning of march, then received a letter frm a case worker mid march requesting additional evidence to prove a I am a sole carer to my daughter which I did promptly. Now a week later I receive another letter frm another caseworker requesting more information for the category of access rights to a child in yhe uk. I am frustrated . Please help.

Are you claiming any sort of benefit for your child?[/quote]

No am not getting anything. I get help frm family and friends that's all. I used to receive child support but obviously now I dont as my husband has moved overseas.

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:07 pm

@ sanny 26...you can go to your Doctor to get a letter from him stating you have a parental responsibilty for the child and If ur child is in any sch at d moment,get a letter from d school and also if u worship anywhere,get a letter from d place and also send youe benefit letter if u claim any benefit for the child..hope dat helps,thanks.....

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm

walex wrote:Hi guys,

It is always to better to disagree in order to agree. All advises are great. "Experience is the best teacher" An adage from a noble person...

Tuga and co; a decision has always been made by myself. Whatever the consequences, I will keep you guys update wherever I found myself after my visit.

Recently, I enrolled my Biometric; so, I will share whatever the outcome with you all. Lets all continue to give vital and productive opinions to those in need; including ourselves.

I have been jobless for months, so I had better know what my position is rather than stay at home rotting.

Good luck to you Walex, as suggested by many seek legal advice if you can afford; I am glad you have decided to attend the interview irrespective of the situation.
I will keep you in my thoughts and pray all will be well.

Thank you all.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:36 pm

walex wrote:Hi guys,

Thank you all.
Good luck to you Walex, as suggested by many seek legal advice if you can afford; I am glad you have decided to attend the interview irrespective of the situation.
I will keep you in my thoughts and pray all will be well.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 pm

imoto wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
imoto wrote:Hello. Am kind of new to these forums, I have a query and I dont know how to deal with this am thinking of complaining. Anyway I applied for flr (o) as a parent of a British child. I have sole responsibility gor the child as my husband has now abandoned me and moved abroad. Did my biometric in beginning of march, then received a letter frm a case worker mid march requesting additional evidence to prove a I am a sole carer to my daughter which I did promptly. Now a week later I receive another letter frm another caseworker requesting more information for the category of access rights to a child in yhe uk. I am frustrated . Please help.

Are you claiming any sort of benefit for your child?

No am not getting anything. I get help frm family and friends that's all. I used to receive child support but obviously now I dont as my husband has moved overseas.
you need a letter that shows you and the child currently share the same address. What about the child medical card have you got that?

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:30 pm

@ sanny26
That is why I am frustrated and thinking of complaining as what u just suggested is whst I did when they requested for documents in the first instance.
Documents sent to ukba were:

Tenancy agreenent
A letter from the doctor
A letter from a registered childminder
A letter from a friend
Child British passport and birth certificate
Child's patients summary and a covering letter from myself

Grrrrrr!!!!
Dont know what else to do.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:33 pm

imoto wrote:Hello. Am kind of new to these forums, I have a query and I dont know how to deal with this am thinking of complaining. Anyway I applied for flr (o) as a parent of a British child. I have sole responsibility gor the child as my husband has now abandoned me and moved abroad. Did my biometric in beginning of march, then received a letter frm a case worker mid march requesting additional evidence to prove a I am a sole carer to my daughter which I did promptly. Now a week later I receive another letter frm another caseworker requesting more information for the category of access rights to a child in yhe uk. I am frustrated . Please help.

Thanks. :oops:
imoto you need to show
1- Contact Order granted by a Court in the United Kingdom or
2- a certificate issued by a district judge confirming your intention to maintain contact with your child , if you are not divorced yet with your husband , he can write a supporting letter that's you are the one who take's care of your baby
3- if you have family that's are the one who are supporting you , you need to show them that
Do you have a solicitors or you just applied your self ?
i'm sure you will be fine , good luck .

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 pm

imoto wrote:@ sanny26
That is why I am frustrated and thinking of complaining as what u just suggested is whst I did when they requested for documents in the first instance.

Tenancy agreenent
A letter from the doctor
A letter from a friend

Grrrrrr!!!!

you are the child mother and the child was born here so u will be the main carer. some caseworker is so extreme. you should send them a cover letter if you aint got the documents

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice. I will respond to them on monday and hope for the best.Hoping everyone here gets a positive response soon.
:?:

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 pm

rec212 wrote:
lenn83 wrote: I rang UKBA last 2 weeks (which 4 weeks after I've enrolled my Biometric), the lady just asked me to ring back next month because she won't be able to disclose any information for the application less than 6 months :-(
Lenn83, we also need to consider how complicated the case is; complicated cases should take more time than straightforward cases. Let's all be positive and hopefully we will all be relieved. :D
rec212, I apply an extension after 3 years DLR. Never thought it'll takes such long. Quite frustrated sometimes. Anyway, thanks for your warm wishes. I hope all of us here will hear a good news soon ! :-)

Tao
Newly Registered

Post by Tao » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:40 pm

imoto wrote:@ sanny26

Tenancy agreenent
A letter from the doctor
A letter from a friend

Grrrrrr!!!!
If your finance permits, take the letter from the case worker to an immigration solicitor to get clarification on exactly what they want, otherwise you might send irrelevant documents for the second time.

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:27 pm

@ Tao, thank you for the advice I was thinking of doing the same this Monday. Will update.