ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process to obtain British passport for an Indian citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kmittal82
Newly Registered

Process to obtain British passport for an Indian citizen

Post by kmittal82 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi,

I am currently an Indian Citizen and have just received my letter confirming my citizenship has been accepted. I understand that I have to attend a ceremony in order to get the certificate, and I would like to know what the process is following that in order to surrender the Indian passport and get the OCI visa stamped?

After getting the certificate, do I first and foremost surrender the Indian passport, get a letter that I surrendered it and then apply for a British passport, and when I get that apply for OCI OR do I first apply for a British Passport, and once I get that then surrender the Indian passport and apply for OCI?

Any help in this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks[/u]

mr_danny

Re: Process to obtain British passport for an Indian citizen

Post by mr_danny » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:07 pm

kmittal82 wrote:Hi,

I am currently an Indian Citizen and have just received my letter confirming my citizenship has been accepted. I understand that I have to attend a ceremony in order to get the certificate, and I would like to know what the process is following that in order to surrender the Indian passport and get the OCI visa stamped?

After getting the certificate, do I first and foremost surrender the Indian passport, get a letter that I surrendered it and then apply for a British passport, and when I get that apply for OCI OR do I first apply for a British Passport, and once I get that then surrender the Indian passport and apply for OCI?

Any help in this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks[/u]
1) you attend ceremony and take your BC certificate
2) Apply for British Passport
3) After getting your BP you go and surrender your Indian Passport
4) Once you have your surrender certificate you apply for OCI

kmittal82
Newly Registered

Post by kmittal82 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks a lot mr_Danny