ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa

Post by ddontamsetti » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi,

I am on ILR and I am planning to apply for family visitor visa for my father and I am hoping someone can help me! I have two questions

1. I will be sponsoring for my father trip and I would like to know all the documents that we need from me and from my father to apply for the visa. My father is retired and draws reasonable pension and he has travelled to USA couple of times since he has retired and never gone over his stay in USA.

2. My father might visit agian in 2014 so is it better to apply multiple entry for 2/5 years or apply for 1 time when ever he is coming. Applying when ever he is coming seems to be more cost effective but what I would like to know is if he comes and stays with us for few months now, will there be any complications when we apply for the second time.

I appreciate your help in advance.

prince.07

Advice Requested

Post by prince.07 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I appreciate all d advisors here on this forum for your wonderfully and helpful task.

I applied for one month family visit visa and granted six months visa entry clearance. Am thinking to depart UK after five months and a day to the expiration of my visa.

Can this affect my subsequent application?

Kindly, advice. Thanks