ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 4 Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aseefahmed

PSW to Tier 4 Visa

Post by aseefahmed » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:16 am

I came to UK in 21st March, 2009 under old category. Then i did one year MBA under Tier4 Category. After completing my MBA I switched to PSW. Now I want to go back to Tier 4 student visa.

I am worried about 5 year cap regulation. does this five years include only tier4 visa category or it also include the old visa category? can any one please explain this issue.

thanks in advanced.

Deviser

Re: PSW to Tier 4 Visa

Post by Deviser » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 am

aseefahmed wrote:I came to UK in 21st March, 2009 under old category. Then i did one year MBA under Tier4 Category. After completing my MBA I switched to PSW. Now I want to go back to Tier 4 student visa.

I am worried about 5 year cap regulation. does this five years include only tier4 visa category or it also include the old visa category? can any one please explain this issue.

thanks in advanced.
It counts all period you spent in UK on student visa regardless of old or new rules.

But you should check details in official guidance. There are many condition and terms how these caps apply on students.