ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family problem while waiting for BC application outcome

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mehmoud
Newly Registered

Family problem while waiting for BC application outcome

Post by Mehmoud » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:12 am

Dear All Friends
I am new here, I would be most grateful if you give me some advice.
A friend of mine have applied for naturalization as a spouse of a BC and is waiting for the outcome.
in fact:
He had an approval letter from UKBA but when he rang the council to book the ceremony they said the home office has ask them to send the certificate back, then he contacted UKBA and they said the letter was sent out by error and application is still under active consideration. he believes his wife must have messed his application up.his wife was aware of his application and gave him a certified copy of her passport for that.
But later she was threatening him that she will call UKBA and tell them that she was not aware of his application and he thinks what happened was the resault of what she did(his certificate was sent back to UKBA)
him and his wife are separated and going to court for a contact order to be issued by court for him to be able to see his child.she has made some allegation against him to stop him from seeing his child, in statement she clearly said that she is aware of his application.he asked the judge whather he can use that statment as an evidence for UKBA or not and the judge said he can but he needs to get an order from court which gives him the permission to do that, now my friend has got an order from county court which allows him to use the evidence for UKBA if necessary.
now he wants to know whether she can effect his application by reporting to the UKBA or not?
Should he contact the UKBA before they refuse him for that reason or not?
He also wants to know if he starts a divorce procedure while waiting for the outcome, will that effect his application or not, cos the law says at the time of application you need to be still married and...
sorry if the story is long but we highly appreciate any advice.

the matrix
Newly Registered

? Legal counsel

Post by the matrix » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Quite difficult to comment on your situation really!

I guess you need to wait until you get a formal letter from UKBA regarding your BC status Or you can call them to find out. Probably will need some legal counsel at some point