ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form to use for ILR, when dependent applying seperately

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

black7

Form to use for ILR, when dependent applying seperately

Post by black7 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:39 am

I am currently on ILR having completed WP + Tier 1 and now I need to apply for my wife ILR as she did not complete 2 years at the time of my ILR application.

Due to shortage of 4 month, I had to apply for tier 1 extension, so at the time of application, my wife still had 20 month of tier 1 dependent visa and we were told that she does not need to apply for FLR and that she can continue on tier 1 dependent and can apply directly for ILR when she finishes 2 years.

I just wanted to confirm which form she need to use and do we need to do anything differently

Thanks for your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

I believe it is SET(O).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

black7

Post by black7 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 am

vinny wrote:I believe it is SET(O).
Thanks for the reply... SET O is not for dependent, as per my understanding... I applied for my ILR through Set O, If I read through UKBA website it appears to me that she should apply via Set M, but because she is still on tier 1 dependent and I am on ILR, I thought to check it out

Thanks

black7

Post by black7 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:14 am

I have read the link above... it makes things more confusing as if she applies through set O form, then most of the question will appear to be not directed to her . It is certainly not a dependent application form, but will have to believe it as there is a gentleman who has applied through set o form for his wife and successfully got the ILR

Is there any other people in similiar situation please

Regards

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:24 pm

As Vinny suggested it is SET(O)
Please read through this tread it will help you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

black7

Post by black7 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks Guys for the reply. I will apply via SET O form and will update the forum with the result

Kind Regards