ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Dependant Question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

King_tier1

Student Visa Dependant Question

Post by King_tier1 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm

My friend is planning to apply for Tier 4 Dependant visa. His wife is in UK doing a masters course. He previously sent back at the airport (due to working over 20hours during study) when he was on student visa in UK, 2007. He been told he cant apply for student visa again, but will there be a restriction to come to UK as Tier4 Dependant ?
Seniors please advise.. Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Let's not guess or speculate on the circumstances. Generally, if there is a ban on applying for a visa (due to past immigration breaches) then that will apply equally to a PBS dependant application.

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:50 am

Lucapooka wrote:Let's not guess or speculate on the circumstances. Generally, if there is a ban on applying for a visa (due to past immigration breaches) then that will apply equally to a PBS dependant application.
Thanks for reply.. Any other comments ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Why don't you get your 'friend' to post the details of what actually happened. That way people will have something on which they may base a comment.

Deviser

Re: Student Visa Dependant Question

Post by Deviser » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:50 pm

King_tier1 wrote:My friend is planning to apply for Tier 4 Dependant visa. His wife is in UK doing a masters course. He previously sent back at the airport (due to working over 20hours during study) when he was on student visa in UK, 2007. He been told he cant apply for student visa again, but will there be a restriction to come to UK as Tier4 Dependant ?
Seniors please advise.. Thank you.
If he already been told that he cannot apply for Tier-4 (Student) than how can he apply again in Tier-4 either main or dependent coz after all Tier-4 is a student category.

Plus if he already been told something like this he must have re-entry ban on him, otherwise how UKBA can stop him applying further student visa?

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for different thoughts, I will pass this information to my 'friend'