ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to find a sponsor? suggestions

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neph
Newly Registered

How to find a sponsor? suggestions

Post by neph » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:09 pm

HI,

Had a work permit sponsor whom pulled out because it took to long in des 06. Since then I been trying to find a new sponsor by appying for jobs on reed est. In the follwing 4 months now I've appied probaly for well over 140 jobs but have never had a single response. I have 2 years UK experience and in total over 6 years in IT server/network support.
Any ideas/advice that can help me in any way will be appreciated

Thanks

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Have you had a look on this ?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14619

Pantaiema

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: How to find a sponsor? suggestions

Post by olisun » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:01 pm

neph wrote:HI,

Had a work permit sponsor whom pulled out because it took to long in des 06. Since then I been trying to find a new sponsor by appying for jobs on reed est. In the follwing 4 months now I've appied probaly for well over 140 jobs but have never had a single response. I have 2 years UK experience and in total over 6 years in IT server/network support.

Thanks
Are you currently in the UK ?

neph
Newly Registered

Re: How to find a sponsor? suggestions

Post by neph » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:29 am

olisun wrote:
neph wrote:HI,

Thanks
Are you currently in the UK ?
No... I don't want to travel to the UK and get stuck there without income.

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:31 am

pantaiema wrote:Have you had a look on this ?

Pantaiema
I have mailed...waiting for a reply.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:36 pm

FYI, normally the application from outside UK (your own countries) will work in the following circumstances.

- You have been working in the shortage occupational skills in the UK (supply < demand). Unfortunately, IT is not in this category.
- You have been working in the well known multi national company. It is not necessarily UK companies.

In your case you have advantage because you have 2 years UK experience which defenitely count a lot, assuming your experience is relevant to the job you are applying now.

If you fullfil these two conditions the possibility is quite, otherwise the chance is very small, but possible. They might invite you for telephone interview in the first instance, if succejss then they will invite you for real interview int the UK.

Pantaiema

neph wrote:

Pantaiema

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:50 pm

pantaiema wrote:FYI, normally the application from outside UK (your own countries) will work in the following circumstances.

- You have been working in the shortage occupational skills in the UK (supply < demand). Unfortunately, IT is not in this category.
- You have been working in the well known multi national company. It is not necessarily UK companies.

In your case you have advantage because you have 2 years UK experience which defenitely count a lot, assuming your experience is relevant to the job you are applying now.

If you fullfil these two conditions the possibility is quite, otherwise the chance is very small, but possible. They might invite you for telephone interview in the first instance, if succejss then they will invite you for real interview int the UK.

Pantaiema

neph wrote:

Pantaiema
:cry: :cry:

I only apply for positions that are relevant to my qualifications and where I have experience in the skills needed, and thus far my 2 years UK experience has helped nothing. Not even a whisper. :cry:

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:52 pm

neph wrote:

Pantaiema
Asked for my CV. Send it...so now I'm waiting for a reply back

mayana

Post by mayana » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:59 am

neph,
Your 2 years work experience in the U.K is vital. You may find a way to fine tune your C.V and making it sell, You need to probably get back to U.K on a valid working document if you don't have one or renew it if its expired, Fill direct online application rather the ones from agencies, restablish contact with your old friend where you had your last 2 yrs work experience and visit this forum regularly. Job search requires a lot of commitment espeacially when it comes to IT related jobs. The is my personal advice.

Mayana

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Mon May 28, 2007 6:22 am

neph wrote:
neph wrote:

Pantaiema
Asked for my CV. Send it...so now I'm waiting for a reply back
Never replied back or responded to any other mails.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon May 28, 2007 10:55 am

If you are not in the UK, employers and recruiters tend to lose interest. I was in this position for awhile and you at minimum have to act like you are in the UK. Meaning have a UK number so recruiters can leave a message and then you can retrieve it and return the call later.