ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation for Spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

courny

Documentation for Spouse visa

Post by courny » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 pm

does any have any idea as to what documents would be required for a join spouse visa?
specifically for a self employed person, as he wont have payslips p60 or letters from employer.
could anyone elaborate on how to best show/prove relationship history?
thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:17 am

What nationality do you hold?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Documentation for Spouse visa

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:18 am

courny wrote:does any have any idea as to what documents would be required for a join spouse visa?
Passports - Spouse and applicant

Birth Cert - Spouse and applicant

Proof of residence in the country that you currently resides - Spouse and applicant

Marriage Certificate.

Proof of employment if applicable - Spouse and applicant

Spousal Visa application

Proof of relationship history

Etc
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:19 am

courny wrote: specifically for a self employed person, as he wont have payslips p60 or letters from employer.
Bank Statements and proof of self employment (documents )will be sufficient

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:22 am

courny wrote:could anyone elaborate on how to best show/prove
Proof of Visa /stamp/documents if Spouse traveled from His/her country to meet you OR Proof of Visa /stamp/documents if the applicant traveled from His/her country to meet you.

Photos of yourselves together.

Other documents that links you to her or her to you.

courny

Post by courny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:25 pm

thank you friend.
I currently hold a pakistani passport. waiting on my irish citizenship since November 2011.
I am a self employed dentist working since September 2011. Got married december 2012.
Are the entry and exit stamps into pakistan enough to show that i travelled to meet her and spend time with her before marriage and for the wedding itself?
also would you recommend submitting hard copies of our pictures together or rip a CD of all our pictures (as digital version will have dates of when pics were taken)
me and her have had a joint account since december 2011 into which i send money every month. is that a good thing to have?

see the problem is we were going out for 18 months before the wedding date but in july 2012 she applied for a visit visa which was refused. would that have a negative impact on her join spouse application?
im waiting for her to finish her bachelors then apply in august.

sorry about al the questions

courny

Post by courny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:28 pm

also am i better off applying after i get my irish citizenship or it doesnt make a difference?
im pakistani at the moment and shes also a pakistani citizen

courny

Post by courny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:29 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:What nationality do you hold?
Paki passport at the moment. Waiting on irish citizenship since November 2011.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:16 pm

courny wrote: Are the entry and exit stamps into pakistan enough to show that i travelled to meet her and spend time with her before marriage and for the wedding itself?
Yes it is a good proof as far as you could back it up with photos and other things as well

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 pm

courny wrote: also would you recommend submitting hard copies of our pictures together or rip a CD of all our pictures (as digital version will have dates of when pics were taken)
Do both if it wouldn't be much hassle to you. They love when you give them sufficient proofs in surplus!.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:21 pm

courny wrote:me and her have had a joint account since december 2011 into which i send money every month. is that a good thing to have?

That excellent, its one of the best proofs you got. Include the bank statements and all.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:27 pm

courny wrote:see the problem is we were going out for 18 months before the wedding date but in july 2012 she applied for a visit visa which was refused. would that have a negative impact on her join spouse application?
im waiting for her to finish her bachelors then apply in august.
Every application is meant to be treated differently. If her previous visa refusal was because of crime/offenses, then yes it will have a negative impact, but I think they refused her because she did not demonstrate enough proof to visit Ireland OR that she did not demonstrate that she will return to her country of residence after visit.

If one of the two was the case then she will have a strong application this time as all of the cases above will be irrelevant. Her visa application now is Join Spousal which means that she will be joining her husband and staying in Ireland.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm

courny wrote:also am i better off applying after i get my irish citizenship or it doesnt make a difference?
Ofcourse it makes a difference!

Apply now and she'll be more than likely to get refused, AGAIN!

Apply after you get your citizenship and she'll be more than likely to get APPROVED in your case.

courny

Post by courny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:40 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
courny wrote:also am i better off applying after i get my irish citizenship or it doesnt make a difference?
Ofcourse it makes a difference!

Apply now and she'll be more than likely to get refused, AGAIN!

Apply after you get your citizenship and she'll be more than likely to get APPROVED in your case.

So more likely to get refused if applying for a join spouse visa as a pakistani citizen Vs Irish citizen for my pakistani wife ..... how does that make any sense?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 pm

courny wrote:So more likely to get refused if applying for a join spouse visa as a pakistani citizen Vs Irish citizen for my pakistani wife ..... how does that make any sense?
Ok I will explain clearer.

Now that you are a Pakistani Citizen, if she applies a Join Spousal Visa to Join you, her application may be refused and the chances are high.

When you become an Irish Citizen, if she applies a Join Spousal Visa to Join you, her application may be approved and the chances are high.

The reason is because they will consider her application because you are an Irish Citizen and not just a PAKISTANI, does that make any sense now?

courny

Post by courny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:08 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
courny wrote:So more likely to get refused if applying for a join spouse visa as a pakistani citizen Vs Irish citizen for my pakistani wife ..... how does that make any sense?
Ok I will explain clearer.

Now that you are a Pakistani Citizen, if she applies a Join Spousal Visa to Join you, her application may be refused and the chances are high.

When you become an Irish Citizen, if she applies a Join Spousal Visa to Join you, her application may be approved and the chances are high.

The reason is because they will consider her application because you are an Irish Citizen and not just a PAKISTANI, does that make any sense now?
yes i get this. its pretty clear. but why question is WHY?
this is absolutely retarded. shouldnt their goal be to ensure marriage is not a sham and if thats not the case let the wife in no matter what nationality the husband or the wife is?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 am

courny wrote:this is absolutely retarded. shouldnt their goal be to ensure marriage is not a sham and if thats not the case let the wife in no matter what nationality the husband or the wife is?
No its not, its one of the measure thats in place nearly in every country really. They dont want people to use marriage as a means of brining other people into their country!. You have to earn it!

It seems like your oblivious, but that you have a Stamp 4 gives you absolutely NO RIGHT to bring anyone to Ireland despite who they are!.

The only right that an Irish National has is to bring their SPOUSE to Ireland, not their mother, father, or siblings as it will be extremely difficult.

Talk about Sham by the way how would they know a marriage that is a sham? Its so difficult to prove!.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 am

Yes, while I understand it must be frustrating, it does makes sense for a country to prioritise the family members of its own nationals, then of the ones of foreign nationals who have permanent resistance, and after that the ones of foreign nationals which have a non permanent status.

Probably all countries in the world would do that.
Now of course it doesn't mean they should completely prevent spouses of foreign nationals to come in and there should be a clear path for that.