ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a change in UKBA policy for Tier 2 ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vikas437
Newly Registered

Is there a change in UKBA policy for Tier 2 ?

Post by vikas437 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi,

I am currently working onsite for an employer. My contract is sponsored by an Umbrella company and there is a limited company which handles my account for the employer i am working. I want to know if is there a change in tier 2 rules , where in Tier 2 cant work through a third party. I have been told this by Limited company.

Please clarify, i may loose my job. Thanks in advance.

vikas437
Newly Registered

Post by vikas437 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:20 pm

can anyone help me with this?

rmcar11
Newly Registered

Post by rmcar11 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 am

By a limited company do you mean a job agency that works as a managed recruitment supplier for your company that you are contracting at?

I'm having the same issue where I contract out to a large UK financial services company whose recruitment is handled by a managed recruitment firm. They in turn have a relationship with my Umbrella Company who in turn pay (and sponsor) me. This type of arrangement is not uncommon and I know of several others who do this all through different Umbrella companies.

I was given 28 days notice in the middle of March on my contract from the managed supplier even though I had been in my role for 18 months. No real reason was given other than a weak internal change of policy type email. They even had the nerve to say that they recognise my right to work in the UK but don't want to support this type of visa arrangement anymore.

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be really appreciative - I'm currently struggling to find work because this is having a ripple effect in the market with other recruiters who don't want to touch me because of my visa arrangement - even though its a perfectly valid visa!!!