ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Full Time Study on Entrepreneur Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Full Time Study on Entrepreneur Visa

Post by saeedusman » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I am inquiring for one of my relative wanted to apply from Pakistan. He is Pharmacist and plan to open his own pharmacy here in UK. But before that he has to complete 1 year course to become a registered pharmacist here.

We were discussing different options how to proceed. Some of them are:

1) Come on Entrepreneur visa in next couple of months and start full time study in uni for next year, then still have about one and half year after completion to do the business.

2) Come on student visa in Septemeber session and complete degree first, then go back and apply for Entrepreneur visa. But the thing which is worrying me is that if the Entrepreneur visa requirement is changed and he is no longer eligible for application, then it can be a problem.

On the other hand, if he come now on Entrepreneur visa (and can study full time course without any problem) he might be helpful in my existing business as well and can also find better part time job opportunities to get the experience.

I will appreciate if all of you can comment for the pros and cons of any scenario and which route is recommended.

Thanks

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Full Time Study on Entrepreneur Visa

Post by rehan01 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:23 pm

As far as i know that shouldnt be a problem as long as he meet the other requirements eg (access to funds, register business with 6 months of entering uk etc), by the way which course he need to do to have Pharmacist license in uk? and are u sure its only 1 year course ?

regards
saeedusman wrote:Hi all,

I am inquiring for one of my relative wanted to apply from Pakistan. He is Pharmacist and plan to open his own pharmacy here in UK. But before that he has to complete 1 year course to become a registered pharmacist here.

We were discussing different options how to proceed. Some of them are:

1) Come on Entrepreneur visa in next couple of months and start full time study in uni for next year, then still have about one and half year after completion to do the business.

2) Come on student visa in Septemeber session and complete degree first, then go back and apply for Entrepreneur visa. But the thing which is worrying me is that if the Entrepreneur visa requirement is changed and he is no longer eligible for application, then it can be a problem.

On the other hand, if he come now on Entrepreneur visa (and can study full time course without any problem) he might be helpful in my existing business as well and can also find better part time job opportunities to get the experience.

I will appreciate if all of you can comment for the pros and cons of any scenario and which route is recommended.

Thanks

mexy369
Newly Registered

Post by mexy369 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Firstly visa.... as far as ur buisness doesnt get affected u can do any study..

Second his study

To register as pharmacist..
1 yr study and then 1 year training (main problem) bcz u can study on student visa but for training u need full time work permit as its is minimum 37.5hrs per week.

N let me know if any pharmacy on sale at 200k lol...

100 % sure on this.. asked some1 who already did pharmacy conversion course in uk

confused90

Post by confused90 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 pm

I was just wondering, would the student be paying fees as a home student? or as a non-EU student?

Firststep
BANNED

Re: Full Time Study on Entrepreneur Visa

Post by Firststep » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 am

Agreed with mexy369. You need 7.0 band in IELTS each module, complete an Overseas Pharmacists Assessment Programme (OSPAP), 52 weeks of pre-registration training approved by the GPhC and finally the registration assessment (exam).

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 am

Thanks for all the replies.

The fee applicable will be overseas fee.

I am sure a good pharmacy setup can be started by speding upto £300k.

What is the 52 weeks training? Can it be done in any pharmacy?

I will appreciate if some one can advice by seeing all the circumstances that how to proceed?

Since many things more clearer now (As I was expecting only one year course), the only problem I see is 52 weeks training after first year of study. If he come on student visa, he cannot work after that, he has to either leave the country or switch some other course but still on another course, it will not be possible to do full time training.

If he come on Entrepreneur Visa, he can study the first year but still after that cannot do full time training job, as he will be allowed to do only his own business. What is the GPhC approved training? Is that easy to find?
Can this training be done if we start our own pharmacy setup by that time by hiring some qualified pharmacist and he own that business and he can then also work full time there to complete the required hours and the sit for exam?

So I see two options now:

Come on Entrepreneur visa, complete first year and in the meantime setup pharmacy and complete 52 weeks there being the owner of pharmacy and worker as well. I don't think so someone will be concerned who own the business, I mean the registration authority. So he will fulfill both requirement for visa and registration as well since had business running.

Secondly come on student visa and and after one year switch to dependant visa with his wife and in the meantime she complete her masters, he can complete training and then after that apply for Entrepreneur Visa once qualified.

All the comments will be appreciated. Thanks

unto1

Post by unto1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Don't you think it might be difficult to get entrepreneur visa to come to UK to practice pharmacy without UK registration. That is just how I look at it.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:49 pm

unto1 wrote:Don't you think it might be difficult to get entrepreneur visa to come to UK to practice pharmacy without UK registration. That is just how I look at it.
He can offcourse buy pharmacy by keeping registered pharmacist there and in the meantime complete his own registration as well. Even if he don't complete registration, still he can own the business and make some profit.

unto1

Post by unto1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Sorry, I have forgotten that one could open any business based on 200k route.