ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - change of Residential Address

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asdf786

ILR - change of Residential Address

Post by asdf786 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi,

I have sent ILR application start of the April. My corresponding address is different from residence. I used my office address for corresponding.

I am moving to new property on 20th April. What should I do? Should i send change of address letter to home office?

thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

asdf786 wrote:Hi guys,

Need your help.

I moved to new property. My corresponding address is same.

1- I am sure but would any body confirm if biometric enrollment invitation letter is sent to home address or correspondence address?

2- My SET(O) application fee was taken on 5th of April 2013. How long it takes to receive biometric enrollment invitation letter?

thanks
sheraz7 wrote:If your home and correspondence address are different but your correspondence address is still same then you will receive all posts regarding application at your correspondence address.
asdf786 wrote:thanks a lot.

Any comments about following question:

2- My SET(O) application fee was taken on 5th of April 2013. How long it takes to receive biometric enrollment invitation letter?
sheraz7 wrote:There is no fixed time for the receipt of biometrics letter but usually it takes about 7 days - 30 days or maybe little longer. And also try to check your old address too by time to time to see that is there any post being sent there by mistake.
asdf786 wrote:thanks. I already got redirection but from 30th April. Not sure if anything delivered before that as old address is not accessible now.

I should for some day but in case i need to chase it, what is the procedure?
sheraz7 wrote:I believe you will be fine. If you still not receive biometrics letter then just give them a ring and they will certainly be able to send a copy one.
asdf786 wrote:thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:23 pm

asdf786 wrote:Hi,

ILR - BRP for myself and 2 dependents is being sent to my old home address where as all corresponding had been going on my office address.

I don't have any contact with new tenants and landlord is living in other city.

I got two redirected letters and from there i found the tracking for third one. So i got tracking number for all three deliveries. But when i tried to book delivery website and automated system doesn't give me any option to change the address or collect from collection point.

What is the possibility now? Should i reshedule my delivery and just go there and stand outside the house from 9 to 1? Would it work? Bear in mind that my driving license got new address now.

Or

Can i collect from the collection point?
akhan25 wrote:Contact their office and explain it to them they might be able to do it for u
asdf786 wrote:Thanks. any body if has similar situation and could advise or share anything which works.
akhan25 wrote:Contact their office and explain it to them they might be able to do it for u.
asdf786 wrote:Thanks again. I called them and booked delivery for collection from their collection point. He said bring the letters & identity.

Now question is:

1- We got 2 letter but we don't have letter for one of us? Would they give us by showing only identity like passport and Driving license etc.

2- If they ask driving license, wouldn't there be a problem because our driving license has got new address, not the one delivery is sent to.

thanks
wpilr_nov12 wrote:Have you asked 'them'?
asdf786 wrote:Yes and they said we need letter we sent you. I said i don't have third one and they said normally we need letter... I said i will try to get the letter but actually the current tenants are not responding me...
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:26 pm

asdf786 wrote:Hi guys,

My BRP was sent to my old address. Somehow, i received from DX office. I was reading from leaflet that i need to report if i change the address?
Is that what i need to do?
If yes then what is the process?
Will they send new Cards?

If we don't report, can we travel outside UK and come back?

thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm

asdf786 wrote:Hi Guys,

I received my ILR-Biometric Residence Permit on my old address. I can see from the leaflet that i need to report the change of address.

1- Is it required to report the change of address?
2- How can i report?
3- If change of address is not reported and we enter UK, would this create problem?

thanks
Damanisshallo wrote:Form BRP(RC) is to be used if you already have a valid Biometric Residence Permit which you need to replace because you have:

• changed your name, nationality, appearance, date of birth or your gender; or
• your Biometric Residence Permit has been lost, damaged or stolen; or
• your Biometric Residence Permit has been cancelled and you still have outstanding leave.
• your Biometric Residence Permit has expired and you still have outstanding leave.

I don't think you'll have to report them about your change of address unless you have an outstanding application.

Alternatively, you can Change your Address online.
asdf786 wrote:Thanks Damanisshallo. Looks like you are right that i don't need to report. But if somebody have any past experience if could comment.

The only reason is that it is mentioned on the leaflet they sent with the BRP CARD.