ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 SOC Code 'New Entrant' Do I qualify?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MRale
Newly Registered

Tier 2 SOC Code 'New Entrant' Do I qualify?

Post by MRale » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi everyone some urgent help will be greatly appreciated,

I am switching from Tier1 PSW to Tier 2 General. My visa is already rejected because I do not meet the salary requirement. I have 10 days to make an appeal.
Can I now:
1. Ask my company to assign a new CoS and make an appeal (provided the company increases my salary)
2. Can I qualify under the 'new entrant' salary requirement? I have been with the company for one and a half years working on a PSW (Tier 1) and am over 25?
If the salary requirement is met (at the new entrant appropriate rate) can I make an appeal within 10 days? The SOC code is 2126?

Please help

:roll:

godistrue

Re: Tier 2 SOC Code 'New Entrant' Do I qualify?

Post by godistrue » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm

MRale wrote:Hi everyone some urgent help will be greatly appreciated,

I am switching from Tier1 PSW to Tier 2 General. My visa is already rejected because I do not meet the salary requirement. I have 10 days to make an appeal.
Can I now:
1. Ask my company to assign a new CoS and make an appeal (provided the company increases my salary)
2. Can I qualify under the 'new entrant' salary requirement? I have been with the company for one and a half years working on a PSW (Tier 1) and am over 25?
If the salary requirement is met (at the new entrant appropriate rate) can I make an appeal within 10 days? The SOC code is 2126?

Please help

:roll:
How much salary you shown for SOC code 2126. The minimum salary must be 24,800.

1. I am sure you can make an appeal ( get the advice from other people)
2. You qualify under new entrant. All post study work holders come under new entrant with no age restriction.

MRale
Newly Registered

Post by MRale » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Thank you very much. That is a huge relief.

I also want to ask that:

I made my application in Dec 2012 and the CoS was assigned to me in Feb 2013 according to the old classification of codes where there was no provision for a 'new entrant'. My HR had issued me the CoS without looking at the minimum pay rate and thus it got rejected. Now my manager has agreed to increase my salary to the 'new entrant' rate of pay. So my question is if this is done and a new CoS is assigned and a reappeal is made by me in which I will state that I will now be paid the required salary will my appeal be considered according to the new rules post 6th April or not?