ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upcoming PCS strike action - April 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramana66

Upcoming PCS strike action - April 2013

Post by Ramana66 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Another Strike by PCS union - The action will consist of a number of one day strikes across Home Office business areas on 16, 17, 18 and 19 April 2013.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /28-strike

netizen
Newly Registered

Post by netizen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Very nice. My appt is on 18th. Absolutely loving this :lol:

gmx

Post by gmx » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:34 pm

We apologise for any disruption to services that may occur as a result of this industrial action :oops:
netizen wrote:Very nice. My appt is on 18th. Absolutely loving this :lol:

netizen
Newly Registered

Post by netizen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm

As always thank you very much UKBA for the amazing service you've been providing and I'm sure you continue to do so :P

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Any ideas if this has worked out in the favour of applicants in the past?

I've got my PEO tomorrow and I'm hoping it means they'll try and rush through applications to avoid backlogs once the staff are back... wishful thinking? :wink:

cluelesss

Post by cluelesss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:47 pm

i remember when i had my Tier 1 extension appt 3 years ago and was disrupted due to industrial action. I took holiday from office and went to PEO croydon for my appointment and they said due to strike they cannot process at the same day and asked me whether to leave the passport and docs with them or they will reschedule the appointment. I was a bit annoyed because leaving the passport and docs with them and waiting for the decision is the same as applying by post and paying extra feee.

I asked them to reschedule the appointment and had to take another holiday from work to attend the appointment. I got the extension same day on my rescheduled appointment.

Now applying for my ILR next week and signs of strikes doesnt feel good.

fingers crossed. :)