ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traffic offence (3 Points + £60) and effect on ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jwalker
Newly Registered

Traffic offence (3 Points + £60) and effect on ILR?

Post by jwalker » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi,

I'm due to apply for ILR in 2 weeks time and wondering if I should mention my 3 points + £60 fine endorsement on my driving license? I've received it for Offence code - SP30 (Doing 36 at a 30 mile limit) on 25th Oct 2004. if yes, does it effect my ILR application? pls advise...

JW

tvt

Post by tvt » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:02 pm

Sounds like you paid the fixed penalties hence no offence was recorded. You will need to disclose it on your ILR application but it should not have an impact on the outcome of your application.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:33 am

I am in the same boat, three points and fine. I will be aplying for ILR in two months time. Please keep us posted about your application about how did it go.

Thanks very much.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed May 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi,

how did it go with ur ILR application?

thanks
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

jwalker
Newly Registered

Post by jwalker » Thu May 10, 2007 12:18 am

indian_in_uk wrote:Hi,

how did it go with ur ILR application?

thanks
I did'nt mention this in the application, and asked at PEO counter whether I should mention my 3 points and 60 fine and was told not necessary if the offence is non-recordable (AKA criminal offence). It went thru just fine and now am a Happy PR holder :D ,

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu May 10, 2007 8:50 am

congratulations :) Enjoy it :)

one more question, did they fined you in court or it was just a roadside incident?
I went to court so m not sure whether I had to mention this in the form or not

Thanks again

jwalker
Newly Registered

Post by jwalker » Thu May 10, 2007 12:40 pm

indian_in_uk wrote:congratulations :) Enjoy it :)

one more question, did they fined you in court or it was just a roadside incident?
I went to court so m not sure whether I had to mention this in the form or not

Thanks again
Since at that time I was holding non-EU driving license, although I was sent fixed penalty notice I had to pay that in court. I pleaded guilty by post, and was fined by the court. My offence was doing 36 on a 30 road (SP30), and that is not recordable offence.