ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Year stay criteria for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasang
Newly Registered

5 Year stay criteria for Naturalisation

Post by prasang » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi

We got the ILR in March 2011. I was on a work permit & my wife was on dependent visa although she had only been here for about 2 years.

We are now planning to apply for naturalisation but I came across the 5 year stay in the UK criteria. I would appreciate if the forum could kindly shed some light on this please.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Have you read the FAQ before posting?

See Q1 & Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 5 Year stay criteria for Naturalisation

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

prasang wrote:Hi

We got the ILR in March 2011. I was on a work permit & my wife was on dependent visa although she had only been here for about 2 years.

We are now planning to apply for naturalisation but I came across the 5 year stay in the UK criteria. I would appreciate if the forum could kindly shed some light on this please.

Thanks
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/ and make sure you satisfy the requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.