ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:04 pm

hope u all are watching channel 4.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:31 pm

After watching despatches all i can say is wow,im shocked.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 pm

sanny26 wrote:After watching despatches all i can say is wow,im shocked.
Can you tell us briefly what happened?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:43 pm

rec212 wrote:
After watching it, I am speechless. The people (temporary caseworkers) who were recruited to take important decisions that could have far reaching consequences for my life are not even as educated as some of us. I need a drink tonight. Oh dear Lord !!!

kayslay
Newly Registered

IMMIGRATION UNDERCOVER

Post by kayslay » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 pm

GUYS NOT SURE IF U KNOW R U R WATCHING 'BUT IMMIGRANTION UNDERCOVER' IS ON CHANNEL 4 AT THE MOMENT, I MISSED THE FIRST 1/2 HR SO AM WATCHIN ON CH4+1.

Prince74 wrote:
rec212 wrote:
After watching it, I am speechless. The people (temporary caseworkers) who were recruited to take important decisions that could have far reaching consequences for my life are not even as educated as some of us. I need a drink tonight. Oh dear Lord !!!

ale001

Update

Post by ale001 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Huy guys,

I just got mail from UKBA today.

Here is what they reply me:
------------------------------------

Shared Services Directorate
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF
020 7035 4848 (switchboard)
www.homeoffice.gov.uk

My name and my email

15 April 2013

Case reference: 00000000000

Dear .......................

Thank you for your enquiry of 15 February 2013 in which you requested information on further leave to remain applications. This has been dealt with as a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.
Please see the information below in response to your questions.

1. What is the processing time for FLR (O) applications whose biometrics were done in the week of 19 July 2012? Of these applications, how many are still awaiting a response?

FLR (O) Jul-12

Applications received 3,127

Decided 1,262

Application to Biometric Enrolment Processing time in calendar days 195

Biometric Enrolment to Despatch Processing time in calendar days 29

Due to the volume of Freedom of Information requests received, we are unable to provide responses to requests for specific dates. We have provided the average processing times from receipt of applications to biometric enrolment and from enrolment to decision. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope the information we are able to supply is useful.

2. When should an applicant who provided Biometric data on 19 July 2012 expect to get a decision from the UKBA?

We have received an unusually high volume of applications which has had an impact on processing times. We are working through a queue of complex cases and we expect to be delivering an improved service in the next few months.

All figures quoted have been derived from management information and are therefore provisional and subject to change. This information has not been quality assured under National Statistics protocols. Figures relate to postal applications for main applicants only. Figures relate to FLR (O), applications raised (i.e. received) in July 2012. The processing times are based on the average number of calendar days and relate to applications that have completed that stage of the process only. The data presented was generated on 13 March 2013.

I hope this is of help to you. If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request an independent internal review of our handling of your request by submitting a complaint
within two months to the address below, quoting reference 00000. If you ask for an internal review, it would be helpful if you could say why you are dissatisfied with the
response.

Information Access Team
Home Office
Ground Floor,
Seacole Building
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF

e-mail: FOIRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

As part of any internal review the Department's handling of your information request will be
reassessed by staff who were not involved in providing you with this response. If you
remain dissatisfied after this internal review, you would have a right of complaint to the
Information Commissioner as established by section 50 of the Freedom of Information Act.

Yours sincerely
Sandra Birkinshaw
Home Office
Ale001

SICOV
Newly Registered

Post by SICOV » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Last edited by SICOV on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:31 pm

ukba is noting but pack of liars, their office looks like a warehouse. Im doing a simple extension and its been 6 weeks now since ive submit my bio and all now i cant get a decision, and what upsets me is i paid so much money just for my application to be sitting somewhere in their office and they dont look like they have got a care in the world people documents go missing and the Manager doesnt seems bother all i can see there is pure empty desk with boxes full wit application. so all that crap they have been telling people that they consider application in biometric order is lies as u can clearly c they are working on application that submits in april 2013.. Seems like i wont be getting a decision aytime soon. :evil:

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Prince74 wrote:
rec212 wrote:
That what im saying its like im so nervous now. We just got to pray. Ukba is not fit for purpose.

11akb

Re: Update

Post by 11akb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:51 pm

ale001 wrote:Huy guys,

I just got mail from UKBA today.

Here is what they reply me:
------------------------------------

Shared Services Directorate
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF
020 7035 4848 (switchboard)
www.homeoffice.gov.uk

thanks ale001 for sharing good time is coming soon

My name and my email

15 April 2013

Case reference: 00000000000

Dear .......................

Thank you for your enquiry of 15 February 2013 in which you requested information on further leave to remain applications. This has been dealt with as a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.
Please see the information below in response to your questions.

1. What is the processing time for FLR (O) applications whose biometrics were done in the week of 19 July 2012? Of these applications, how many are still awaiting a response?

FLR (O) Jul-12

Applications received 3,127

Decided 1,262

Application to Biometric Enrolment Processing time in calendar days 195

Biometric Enrolment to Despatch Processing time in calendar days 29

Due to the volume of Freedom of Information requests received, we are unable to provide responses to requests for specific dates. We have provided the average processing times from receipt of applications to biometric enrolment and from enrolment to decision. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope the information we are able to supply is useful.

2. When should an applicant who provided Biometric data on 19 July 2012 expect to get a decision from the UKBA?

We have received an unusually high volume of applications which has had an impact on processing times. We are working through a queue of complex cases and we expect to be delivering an improved service in the next few months.

All figures quoted have been derived from management information and are therefore provisional and subject to change. This information has not been quality assured under National Statistics protocols. Figures relate to postal applications for main applicants only. Figures relate to FLR (O), applications raised (i.e. received) in July 2012. The processing times are based on the average number of calendar days and relate to applications that have completed that stage of the process only. The data presented was generated on 13 March 2013.

I hope this is of help to you. If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request an independent internal review of our handling of your request by submitting a complaint
within two months to the address below, quoting reference 00000. If you ask for an internal review, it would be helpful if you could say why you are dissatisfied with the
response.

Information Access Team
Home Office
Ground Floor,
Seacole Building
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF

e-mail: FOIRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

As part of any internal review the Department's handling of your information request will be
reassessed by staff who were not involved in providing you with this response. If you
remain dissatisfied after this internal review, you would have a right of complaint to the
Information Commissioner as established by section 50 of the Freedom of Information Act.

Yours sincerely
Sandra Birkinshaw
Home Office

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:52 pm

@sanny26

Thank you for the reminder,I caught the replay on +1.. My God I am shell shocked from what I have just seen! I can tell you clearly from what I've just seen that MY application (refusal 22nd) was one of those that was just cleared of the table to meet the deadline (31st of March) as explained on the programme!

Basically, UKBA hurriedly processed all new family cases to meet target using people who are not qualified. £6.50/hr to decide someone future? My God!!!!! THIS IS JUST SHOCKING... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at the state of those office? This is a so called 1st world country..
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:57 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
rec212 wrote:
That what im saying its like im so nervous now. We just got to pray. Ukba is not fit for purpose.
i going to watch now i think its on cahnnel 4 Dispatches

Keisha

Dispatches

Post by Keisha » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 pm

*screams*

Wow...all this time they have been piling our application in crates and not being bothered since they fall under category D.So,it only costs £6.50 to reach a decision all in the name of "backlog". :( .....now we know!!Its really shocking to see such from UKBA.So,does that mean even the freedom of information is frabicated??Wow....*shakeshead*....

I pray that all goes well for each one of us in this forum.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 am

Choc-Ice wrote:@sanny26

Thank you for the reminder,I caught the replay on +1.. My God I am shell shocked from what I have just seen! I can tell you clearly from what I've just seen that MY application (refusal 22nd) was one of those that was just cleared of the table to meet the deadline (31st of March) as explained on the programme!

Basically, UKBA hurriedly processed all new family cases to meet target using people who are not qualified. £6.50/hr to decide someone future? My God!!!!! THIS IS JUST SHOCKING... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at the state of those office? This is a so called 1st world country..
Can any of you post the link of what you watched and saw about the UKBA?
Ale001

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 am

ale001 wrote:

Can any of you post the link of what you watched and saw about the UKBA?
It is not advisable to watch !!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:30 am

Im telling you im well shocked those people dont have a care in the world they dont even know what they doing..

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 am

sanny26 wrote:

Im telling you im well shocked those people dont have a care in the world they dont even know what they doing..
After watching the video link, all i can say is ''UKBA should be awarded the fool of the year 2013''

Deciding applicant's future with £6.50 is inhumane.. , and that's wickedness of the highest order...

The bitter truth is: The only solution to UKBA backlog is to declare Amnesty or approve the applications massively and then start a new fresh decision accordingly. If not, the backlog will continue like this and applicants will spend years while waiting for a decision.

My MP is a close friend to my solicitor, so he told him that the only solution to UKBA is to declare Amnesty to clear the backlog or grant all the application, if not, there will be more to it... 160,000 applications abandoned for years over 14 years, 10 years, 6 years, 4 years, and 2 years....

You could imagine the confirmation by the UKBA that they will have to ignore 50,000 application to meet up target, . if the UKBA undercover was not recorded secretly no one will know that the UKBA have decided to abandon his/her case..

I asked a good barrister late last night the solution to this issue, he said to me the solution to clear backlog is either secret or open Amnesty or approve all the backlog or 90% of the backlog, he said if not, then the backlog will continue to increase and applicants will continue to spend years before they could get a single decision on their application...

This is very very bad... UKBA should be brought to justice and challenged....
Ale001

tracy56

Post by tracy56 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:31 pm

hello , pls what is d number to call for flr o application.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:14 pm

tracy56 wrote:hello , pls what is d number to call for flr o application.

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

hi all

Post by Why lie » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Hello people, ukba wrote to me requesting to see more evidence before the 18th of april, my solicitor just rang to tell me cos he was on holiday.
i have less than 48hours to send addtional documents :
1-my daughters passport
2-her mums passport
3-evidence to show that i have access to my daughter
4-utility bills to show that i stay at the same address with them.

My Timeline:
Date of Application: 16/05/2012
Acknowledgement Received dated 10/07/2012
Biometric: 14/07/2012
Others: Waiting

yahwadud

Re: hi all

Post by yahwadud » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Why lie wrote:Hello people, ukba wrote to me requesting to see more evidence before the 18th of april, my solicitor just rang to tell me cos he was on holiday.
1-my daughters passport
2-her mums passport

My Timeline:
.you will be granted

bishop007
Newly Registered

Re: hi all

Post by bishop007 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Why lie wrote:Hello people, ukba wrote to me requesting to see more evidence before the 18th of april, my solicitor just rang to tell me cos he was on holiday.
1-my daughters passport
2-her mums passport

My Timeline:

I seems to be in same category as you, you can send a copy of your daughter's birth certificate, a copy of her mum's passport and since you aint working , you just need a letter from your daughter's mum, stating how the relationship between you and your daughter is good and how often you spend time with her...and i wish you good luck, cuz you will hear from them in the few weeks about your result.

rec212

Hi

Post by rec212 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm

I have just watched the documentary and I am shocked.

Does that mean all fresh FLR(o) article 8 applications belong to category D?
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 pm

How do i go about requesting return of my kids passport? Do i call them r do i fill out the ROD form?.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by sanny26 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:12 pm

rec212 wrote:I have just watched the documentary and I am shocked.

Does that mean all fresh FLR(o) article 8 applications belong to category D?
I think its the complex human rights application are in that category. On the other hand ukba are liars so you just cant believe anything they said.