ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal against Tier1 extension refusal for insufficient earn

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cramki
Newly Registered

Appeal against Tier1 extension refusal for insufficient earn

Post by cramki » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi,

I would like to get some help/advise from this forum for my friend who's tier 1 visa extension application has been refused due to insufficient earnings.

My friend got his Tier 1 visa from India on April-2011 and he came to UK on May 2011.He applied for Tier 1 visa extension for him and his family on March 2013.
His earnings was 48,500 GBP and when he applied he mistakenly thought the points for earnings as 45 ( this was for Tier 1 initial applications before April-2010).

Using this points, his total points was 90 excluding the Maintenance and English language.

But he got the letter from UKBA that his application has been refused as he incorrectly claimed 45 points for earnings and his correct earning points was 25. His total points apart from Maintenance and English language is 70 & the minimum required is 80.

Any advise on how to proceed with this situation is highly desirable?
Can we appeal based on the humanitarian rights as his 2 kids are studying here and his was genuine misunderstanding of the points?

Thanks.

pattar
Newly Registered

Post by pattar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 pm

when is his visa expiring ? if its not expired, why can he reapply again

He needs 7000 pounds more to make another 10 points and he can do that by self employement