ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

C-Visit as the first visa entrance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

M2013
Russia

C-Visit as the first visa entrance

Post by M2013 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi,
my kid's first visit was on C-Visit visa. It was arrange by the travel agency - they new it was one month studies in the students' summer language camp. My kid passed the exams and was accepted to the boarding school. She issued the new visa "Student". I wonder if the first visa (c-Vistit) can be counted for 10 years route?

Dates
July 6 - July 26, 2003 - C-Visit visa;
August 30 - .... Student Visa
HSMP 2005, 2006 dependant -> Tier 1 general dependant now
Which date should I consider to calculate 10 years route?

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:24 pm

The period she was a visit visa can also be considered towards her residence under the 10 year long residence route, so long as there haven't been any breaks in her residence as detailed in the long residence guidance. Does she have a EC visit visa vignette in her passport?

Do take a read through the following: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:10 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Does she have a EC visit visa vignette in her passport?
Thank you, cs95tdg.
I checked her passport - "C-Visit".
As I mentioned the agency sent her for the linguistic classes which were held in the summer school. At that time we new nothing regarding the rules and trusted everything they did. Than they helped to issued the student visa (called "VISA-STUDENT".
No breaks between visas.
I saw many views of my question, but the only one reply.
For sure, I will share the outcome of her application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 am

M2013 wrote:I saw many views of my question, but the only one reply.
If the one answer is correct, then more replies are superfluous.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.