ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USED DAUGHTER'SACCOUNT FOR MAINTENANCE FUND FOR MY DEPENDANT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AROLE
Newly Registered

USED DAUGHTER'SACCOUNT FOR MAINTENANCE FUND FOR MY DEPENDANT

Post by AROLE » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:47 am

My daughter is a minor (less than 8 years). She has a savings account and her mum is the signatory to the account. This means her mum has immediate access to the fund in the account and she controls the fund herself as my daughter can not operate it herself. Only my daughter's name is showing on the statement. I used my own account to cover my maintenance fund of 900 pounds and use my daughters acct to cover her and the mother's maintainance fund and i submitted this for their application..

Will the application for their Tier 1 Gen extension be approved based on this account issue?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 am

Even with a declaration from the child granting permission for her mum to access the money, I can't see how (according to the rules) the daughter's account can be used to maintain the mother.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixe/

vinny

Re: USED DAUGHTER'SACCOUNT FOR MAINTENANCE FUND FOR MY DEPEN

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:10 am

AROLE wrote:Only my daughter's name is showing on the statement.
1B(a)(iii)(1) isn't satisfied for mum without her name.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.