ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) refused but limited Leave Granted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

INH
Newly Registered

FLR(M) refused but limited Leave Granted

Post by INH » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 am

Hi, Just looking for some advice, I am to blame for the situation that we are in. I applied for my wifes FLR(M) in FEB 2013 before spouse visa expired, beacuse she came to UK late (birth of child). I only supplied Life in UK test certificate rather than English Test certificate, so on 12/04/13 case worker rightly refused FLR as partner but granted limited leave for 30 months due to our second child born in UK in dec 2012, my wife will not be able to apply for Indefinate Leave until she has spent 10 years in uk, so until than, we will have apply for Limited leave every 30 month until 120 months spent in UK.
Does my wife still has to get English Test certificate before applying for another 30 months limited visa in 2015?
What form will we use to apply for extension every 30 months?
Thanks

Prince74

Re: FLR(M) refused but limited Leave Granted

Post by Prince74 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 pm

INH wrote:Hi, Just looking for some advice, I am to blame for the situation that we are in. I applied for my wifes FLR(M) in FEB 2013 before spouse visa expired, beacuse she came to UK late (birth of child). I only supplied Life in UK test certificate rather than English Test certificate, so on 12/04/13 case worker rightly refused FLR as partner but granted limited leave for 30 months due to our second child born in UK in dec 2012, my wife will not be able to apply for Indefinate Leave until she has spent 10 years in uk, so until than, we will have apply for Limited leave every 30 month until 120 months spent in UK.
Does my wife still has to get English Test certificate before applying for another 30 months limited visa in 2015?
What form will we use to apply for extension every 30 months?
Thanks
Did she come to the UK with a 2 year spouse visa? She may be able to apply for ILR once she has passed the relevant English language test and completed 2 years in the UK, assuming she came under the previous 2 years spouse visa rule. She was granted 30 months as opposed to refusing the application outrightly so as to enable her fulfil the requirements before applying for ILR.

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Yes she came to UK on spouse visa. I rang Home office to ask if my wife still needs to pass English Test now as she will have to wait 10 years before applying for ILR, response was NO, so i asked what form/documents do we have to fill in to apply for extension, her response was ring back closer to time and we will tell you what form she need to fill in...

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

INH wrote:Yes she came to UK on spouse visa. I rang Home office to ask if my wife still needs to pass English Test now as she will have to wait 10 years before applying for ILR, response was NO, so i asked what form/documents do we have to fill in to apply for extension, her response was ring back closer to time and we will tell you what form she need to fill in...
You are asking the wrong people, they don't know a thing except answering the phones. They are not the best people to ask!

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:58 pm

lol... true say.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu May 29, 2014 1:50 am

I am exactly in the same situation. I received my wife documents today with FLR m refusal but granted extendable 30 months visa and after 10 years qualifying for settlement. My wife came on PBS Tier 1 dependent visa on 19 jan 2012 and applied for Flr m on 21 March 2014.
I was hoping after getting flr m I will apply for set m straight away. Now want to know I have to wait for 10 years to apply for settlement or is there any other way to apply for settlement quicker.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

john108

Post by john108 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:10 pm

What is the reason for rejection?

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu May 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Initial FLR(M) refused bcoz of English certificate not from approved HO list of institute. On refusal letter there were three dates mentioned and i counted from the date mentioned on the secretary of state letter while HO counted from Case Worker refusal letter. Reapplied but HO refused on the basis of one day late then 28 days.

One simple mistake now stuck :x
Last edited by aakkoo on Thu May 29, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john108

Post by john108 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Why can't you apply FLR(M) again now?

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Fri May 30, 2014 1:38 am

Advice from seniors will be much appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Are you saying you applied after 28 days from the date of refusal of an in time application?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Amber_ wrote:Are you saying you applied after 28 days from the date of refusal of an in time application?
Yes.

When they refused initial application they sent two letters with that. One letter with the heading Reason for Refusal Letter which was dated 20th Feb signed by the case worker and other with the heading Notice of Immigration Decision dated 24 Feb signed by on behalf of Secretary of State. I went to Croydon PEO appintment on 20th March for FLR (M) but on reception they refused to take my application saying you can only apply by post bcoz you dont have the passport ( after refusal HO did not returned the passport). So i applied the next day 21st March by post keeping in mind the 24 Feb date of decision.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Do you have proof of postage?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Amber_ wrote:Do you have proof of postage?
Yes

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 31, 2014 9:42 am

Then write back to them and tell them you've applied within 28 days of a decision with a copy of the proof of postage. Ask them to reconsider their decision. Send in another application with it, completed perfectly.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat May 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Amber_ wrote:Then write back to them and tell them you've applied within 28 days of a decision with a copy of the proof of postage. Ask them to reconsider their decision. Send in another application with it, completed perfectly.
Thanks Amber for the prompt reply. I will ask for reconsideration ASAP. Just want to clear few points before that

1) Can apply SET (M) or only eligible if was granted flr (m)

2) Reconsideration will take time and if rejected any other option as appeal right is not given as well.

3) On current visa Eligible for Settlement only after 10 years and almost four extensions . Any shorter route for settlement.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 31, 2014 1:56 pm

You need FLR(M) to apply for SET(M). I would wait for their response.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat May 31, 2014 8:34 pm

Amber_ wrote:You need FLR(M) to apply for SET(M). I would wait for their response.
Amber i just sent you a pm can you please check it and let me know any addition or deletion required. Thx

Much Appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:25 am

Alternatively, just apply for FLR(M) now at a PEO as you wife has valid leave, a little more expensive but saves the hassle of waiting for a response from the Home Office.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Amber_ wrote:Alternatively, just apply for FLR(M) now at a PEO as you wife has valid leave, a little more expensive but saves the hassle of waiting for a response from the Home Office.
Will be able to apply for settlement straightaway or will have to wait for another five years if flr (M) granted??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 pm

If you got them to reconsider to FLR(M) then yes perhaps, however, if you re-applied now, it'd be a new 5 year route. I'd write and ask them to reconsider first.