ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN: Q 2.1 Date and Place of first enry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loki32
Newly Registered

AN: Q 2.1 Date and Place of first enry

Post by loki32 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 am

Hi everyone,
I am a bit confused as to which entry date i should write on my AN application.

Scenario:
Came to the UK as a visitor in 2001 (non-visa country) for 6mths but before my time was up i decided to enroll in a college and then returned home to apply(3ks before the 6mths period ended) for a student entry clearance.

I didn't have to return home to apply for a student entry clearance because i could have switched in-country when i was a visitor.

Returned to the UK on a student entry clearance a month after returning to my home country.

ILR was granted taking into account my time as a visitor.

What date should i put as date of first entry( with the view of staying on a long term basis) as per the AN guide?

Is it the date first entered into the UK as a visitor or the date i returned on a student entry clearance?

Thanks for all replies.

selva

Re: AN: Q 2.1 Date and Place of first enry

Post by selva » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:24 pm

loki32 wrote:Hi everyone,
I am a bit confused as to which entry date i should write on my AN application.

Scenario:
Came to the UK as a visitor in 2001 (non-visa country) for 6mths but before my time was up i decided to enroll in a college and then returned home to apply(3ks before the 6mths period ended) for a student entry clearance.

I didn't have to return home to apply for a student entry clearance because i could have switched in-country when i was a visitor.

Returned to the UK on a student entry clearance a month after returning to my home country.

ILR was granted taking into account my time as a visitor.

What date should i put as date of first entry( with the view of staying on a long term basis) as per the AN guide?

Is it the date first entered into the UK as a visitor or the date i returned on a student entry clearance?

Thanks for all replies.

1.3 Enter the date you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If you are an
EEA or Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national please ensure
that you read pages 8 - 10 of the Booklet AN .

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf