ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with evidence of previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ckb
Newly Registered

help with evidence of previous earnings

Post by ckb » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:34 am

Hello
I am about to submit my HSMP visa application and to hopefully get approval in time for an employment offer. I need to pop my application in as soon as poosible.
My question is this - my current employer says they can't give me my P60 in time for my application so, is a P45 from a previous employer plus the corroborating evidence, eg all pay slips and letter from employer suffice to meet the Evidence of Previous Earnings component?
It is the only offical tax document that I have that can prove even just a little of my earnings over the past 12 months and I can than give evidence of the remainder of the earnings via my pay slips and letter from employer.... What do you think? Thanks for your help all..

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:48 am

Hi,

Well now that Tax year will be comin to an end soon, P60 shud always be included in ur application as everyone will be sent one so u cant tell HO that u dont have one. Best bet is to get the 2005/06 P60 and include it, dont think P45 will be ideal as it doesnt really state all the incomes, tax deduction etc in a whole tax year.

But if u cant submit the P60, wud advise u get a letter from ur employer statin how much u've earned for the period/months u are claiming (and not just how much ur annual salary is....or combination of both as this is wot i used for mine and i got the max points for earnings), ur bank statement showing ur salaries been paid and make it known to HO by highlighting the pay dates and amount, ur payslips and a letter statin why u cudnt include P60 then u shud be fine.....But on the other hand, if u can wait till u get ur P60 and submit, then can assure u ur application will be approved within 3wks as long as ur other docs are fine.

The most important thing u need for earnings are P60 and Payslips and u can include bank statement with letter from employer to make ur application strong. The fact that the guidance says if u cant submit Income Tax Returns, then supply other docs doesnt really mean they will approve ur application. HO/Caseworkers are looking for ways to refused rather than accept ur application and once they see P60/Income Tax Return is not included then there is a chance of refusal.

So if u can wait till u get ur P60, wud suggest u do that and now that the application fee is now £400, dont think u'll wanna pay twice especially if u are refused and u wanna apply again wen ur P60 is ready.....Think about it carefully :wink:

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: help with evidence of previous earnings

Post by pantaiema » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Could you please explain to the forum why your employer could not provide you with P60 :roll:. I am asking you because it is highly likely that the caseworker will be asking this question in his mind before deciding your case.

the case worker know that there is a legal obligation that every employee in the UK have the right to get P60 by the end of tax which is coming in a few days. Every legal empoyers in the UK also know about this.

But if you decide to go woth P45 of course ths is up to you. Please inform the result of your applicaiton becuase other people mihgt learn from your case.

Pantaiema
Note:
I believe this is the same person with this person who post this message.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14615
with changing ID, The new comers is highly unlikely to post such posting

ckb wrote:Hello
I am about to submit my HSMP visa application and to hopefully get approval in time for an employment offer. I need to pop my application in as soon as poosible.
My question is this - my current employer says they can't give me my P60 in time for my application so, is a P45 from a previous employer plus the corroborating evidence, eg all pay slips and letter from employer suffice to meet the Evidence of Previous Earnings component?
It is the only offical tax document that I have that can prove even just a little of my earnings over the past 12 months and I can than give evidence of the remainder of the earnings via my pay slips and letter from employer.... What do you think? Thanks for your help all..