ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maverix
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Visa

Post by maverix » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 pm

I am trying to change my visa status from my PSW visa to a dependent under my spouse's Tier 2 Visa. Could you advice me on these:
1. Can I proceed with the visa change within UK?
2. I have a marriage certificate from Church as well as marriage registrar. Which one should I submit?
3. Do I need to get it attested from Ministry of External affairs, New Delhi or can i submit the documents straight away?

Kindly Advice

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi

1. Yes
2. Submit marriage certificate from the registrar, the official one.
3. Best if you can get it attested by the Indian Embassy in London

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa

Post by manci » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:20 pm

maverix wrote:I am trying to change my visa status from my PSW visa to a dependent under my spouse's Tier 2 Visa. Could you advice me on these:
1. Can I proceed with the visa change within UK? NO, you have to apply for a PBS Dependant visa from your home country
2. I have a marriage certificate from Church as well as marriage registrar. Which one should I submit?
3. Do I need to get it attested from Ministry of External affairs, New Delhi or can i submit the documents straight away?

Kindly Advice

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 pm

manci wrote:
maverix wrote:I am trying to change my visa status from my PSW visa to a dependent under my spouse's Tier 2 Visa. Could you advice me on these:
1. Can I proceed with the visa change within UK? NO, you have to apply for a PBS Dependant visa from your home country

Kindly Advice
Manci, do you know whether Tier 2 G dependants have to have £600 for 3 consequtive months on their savings account or £1,800 if dependant has been in the UK for less than 6 months? I am so confused readling the guidelines,, Thank you so much in advance,

Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:55 pm

magelenn wrote:[Manci, do you know whether Tier 2 G dependants have to have £600 for 3 consequtive months on their savings account or £1,800 if dependant has been in the UK for less than 6 months? I am so confused readling the guidelines,, Thank you so much in advance,Maggie
what is your present immigration status?

refer to para 51 onwards in the policy guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

manci wrote:
magelenn wrote:[Manci, do you know whether Tier 2 G dependants have to have £600 for 3 consequtive months on their savings account or £1,800 if dependant has been in the UK for less than 6 months? I am so confused readling the guidelines,, Thank you so much in advance,Maggie
what is your present immigration status?

refer to para 51 onwards in the policy guidance:
I am on PBS system, Tier 2 General Migrant worker. My husband is going to apply for a depandant visa from me and we can't figure out what's the required amount to hold in savings £600 or £1800 for 3 months. He hasn't lived in the UK for more than 1 month.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 pm

If you have no children your husband will have to show £600 unless your A-rated sponsor is prepared to certify maintenance for him.

mindocs
Newly Registered

Post by mindocs » Thu May 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi Manci,

Is it correct that the maintenance evidence can be in the main applicant's name i.e. the husband uses UK bank statements of his wife?

I will be traveling home as being on Tier 4 and applying separately from my spouse. She got her Tier 2 last October 2012. Her employer is willing to certify maintenance as well.
manci wrote:If you have no children your husband will have to show £600 unless your A-rated sponsor is prepared to certify maintenance for him.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:07 pm

manci wrote:If you have no children your husband will have to show £600 unless your A-rated sponsor is prepared to certify maintenance for him.
Manci thanks for your response. Can you please confirm whether it is a must for a dependent to have £600 in his bank savings for 3 months? Can the main applicant have this amount in savings instead, if the two are legally married?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:32 am

if you are a T2 migrant the funds must be available either to you or to your dependant spouse (£600 for 3 months prior to the date of the dependant's application)

If your sponsor certifies maintenance for your spouse no funds need to be shown

magelenn

Re:

Post by magelenn » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:36 am

manci wrote:if you are a T2 migrant the funds must be available either to you or to your dependant spouse (£600 for 3 months prior to the date of the dependant's application)

If your sponsor certifies maintenance for your spouse no funds need to be shown
Manci thank you so much! You've saved the day! We are applying now for a Dependency spouse visa and I have 3 more questions please:

1. After the Dependant spouse of the Tier 2 migrant gets the visa, can he re-apply for an extension together with his spouse in the UK?
2. Does the Dependency spouse visa allows to work full time (just not as Dentist or Doctor) until the end of the visa or there are any restritions?
3. Is legal marriage certificate enough to show the evidence of your relationship? We didn't live together before marriage or share bills or bank account since it's against our Christian believes?

Thank you a million,
Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:47 am

1 yes
2 yes
3 yes

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Thank you so much Manci!!!! We are planning to submit application end of this week but my husband is in Mexico at the moment and I am working in the UK and I have just realised that since all the documents should be originals, do i have to post my BRP card to him for his application or will a colour copy be sufficient?

I am sorry for so many questions, i really hope to do everything the right way.
Thank you once again,
Meggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:45 am

this is a long string of new and old posts.
Please clarify the present immigration statuses of both of you and also who wishes to apply for what and where?

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:35 am

magelenn wrote:Thank you so much Manci!!!! We are planning to submit application end of this week but my husband is in Mexico at the moment and I am working in the UK and I have just realised that since all the documents should be originals, do i have to post my BRP card to him for his application or will a colour copy be sufficient?

I am sorry for so many questions, i really hope to do everything the right way.
Thank you once again,
Meggie
Thanks Manci! I am a Tier 2 (General) Migrant Worker and my husband is now applying for a Dependant visa as a spouse from outside of the UK. I am concerned whether for his application in Mexico he needs to provide my original BRP card since all the documents submitted should be originals? If that's the case do i have to post it secure delivery? Thank you in advance,

Meggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:05 am

Your husband will have to apply using form VAF10 (or apply online if that's mandatory in Mexico)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /vaf10.pdf

as far as supporting documents relating to the main applicant are concerned:
A copy of the pages from the main applicant’s passport showing their permission to stay, if they are already in the UK.
this would also apply to your BRP.

However, other documents have to be originals, incl. your marriage certificate

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 pm

manci wrote:Your husband will have to apply using form VAF10 (or apply online if that's mandatory in Mexico)

A copy of the pages from the main applicant’s passport showing their permission to stay, if they are already in the UK.

Thank you Manci. You mentioned in your previous reply that marriage certificate for the Dependent Spouse and Main Applicant is the confirmation for the relationship between the two. Can you please kindly advise whether we should only send the original certificate and wait if UKBA asks for any more documents or should we right away provide a letter from our congregation that we haven't lived together as it's against our believes, that is also why we do not have shared bills and bank statements together. Thank you so much!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Your husband is presumably a Mexican national. When did you marry and where?

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:43 pm

manci wrote:Your husband is presumably a Mexican national. When did you marry and where?
I am Ukrainian national and he is Mexican, we married in Tucson, Arizona, USA as it was easier with paperwork and the marriage licence is universally legal. We married only recently on the 6 of Dec 2013 and now working on his Dependency visa.
We dated for 3 years but met only twice a year for a month, due to long distance, we are the same Christian religion and do not believe in living together before marriage etc. so it will be hard to provide other evidence of relationship apart from Marriage Certificate and maybe Congregation letter? maybe Skype calls/photos? Thank you!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:42 pm

There is no requirement for pre-marriage cohabitation for dependant spouses of PBS migrants. Submitting the original marriage certificate is sufficient proof of the relationship.

The current PBS dependant guidance is here:

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 pm

manci wrote:Your husband will have to apply using form VAF10 (or apply online if that's mandatory in Mexico)

Dear Manci,

I would like to ask something again, if I may.

I am a Tier 2 (General) Migrant Worker and my husband is now applying for a Dependant visa as a spouse from outside of the UK. I read on the Guidance and i quote "Statements must be dated within 31 days of the date of application" - may I please confirm does The Date of Application mean the day we submit online form or the date we post our documents or the day the documents reach UK Embassy? I apologise for so many questions in advance.

Thank you so much in advance!
Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:31 am

from: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

What is the date of your application if you are applying from outside the UK?

The date of your application is the date when your application fee is paid to us. This will be the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application - for example, at a visa application centre or online.

and from Appendix E of the immigration rules:

(m) The end date of the 90-day ...period ... will be taken as the date of the closing balance on the most recent of the specified documents ... as set out in paragraph 1B of Appendix C, and must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application.

Note that if your husband is submitting online statements each page must be stamped by the bank or building society

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 pm

manci wrote:from: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

What is the date of your application if you are applying from outside the UK?

The date of your application is the date when your application fee is paid to us. This will be the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application - for example, at a visa application centre or online.

and from Appendix E of the immigration rules:

(m) The end date of the 90-day ...period ... will be taken as the date of the closing balance on the most recent of the specified documents ... as set out in paragraph 1B of Appendix C, and must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application.

Note that if your husband is submitting online statements each page must be stamped by the bank or building society
Thank you Manci. The date of the Bank Statement is 3 of Jan so i believe we must pay & apply online by Friday 31 of Jan. We are submitting an online application & paying online by credit card, so hopefully it will go through right away, becuase my husband is still awaiting documents from me which i posted few weeks ago.

Also, can you please confirm if the Dependant Spouse applicant of Tier 2 (Gen) Worker can provide Driving License to prove the address, since on his passport there is no address, so is his passport enough.

Thank you very much,
Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:35 am

on form VAF10 at section 3 your husband's contact details in Mexico should be provided and at 7.16/7.17 your UK sponsor's contact details. Proof of addresses is not asked for. The online application is likely to ask for the same information as the VAF10 form.

read also the VAF10 guidance notes:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:15 pm

manci wrote:on form VAF10 at section 3 your husband's contact details in Mexico should be provided and at 7.16/7.17 your UK sponsor's contact details. Proof of addresses is not asked for. The online application is likely to ask for the same information as the VAF10 form.

read also the VAF10 guidance notes:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Dear Manci, thank you for your help! We could not proceed with the online application, as there is a confusion under which category to apply. I am a Tier 2 General PBS Migrant Worker and my husband is applying for a Dependecy Spouse visa to allow him to work in the UK. When we started the application we selected:

Reason for Visit: Work
Visa Type: Tier 2 General
Visa Sub Type: Tier 2 General Partner

because this is the type of visa I have but there is also another option which seems correct for my husband:

Reason for Visit: Work
Visa Type: Employment (non Points Based System)
Visa Sub Type: Dependants of current Work Permit Holders

Which one is the correct option? I am not sure what to choose because we want to move in together and he needs to work. Can you please advise? We have a deadline to apply by the 30th.

Thank you so much!
Maggie