ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence/Leave Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jhumbo
Newly Registered

Absence/Leave Letter

Post by Jhumbo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi Guys,
I’ve been working for the same organisation since 2008.
Since I joined this organisation, I’ve always taken my annual without informing my employers what I do with my leave days – of course this was not a requirement in my Employment Contract.
I’m due to apply for ILR shortly and just wondering if a letter from my employer in below format (plus details of my absence from the UK) would be sufficient.

Thank you for responding.
===============================================
To Whom It May Concern,

I write to confirm that [APPLICANT NAME] is currently employed by [COMPANY NAME] as a [DESIGNATION] at the address indicated in this letter. I can also confirm that [APPLICANT NAME] has been employed continuously by [COMPANY NAME] since
[DATE OF EMPLOYMENT] and he is entitled to [NO OF DAYS] annual leave per year in which he can use in any way he chooses. As his employer [COMPANY NAME] do not require the reason for the booked annual leave.

Should you require further information please contact the Human Resources Department within [COMPANY NAME]

Yours Sincerely,

XYZ
Human Resources Manager

sjj101
Newly Registered

Re: Absence/Leave Letter

Post by sjj101 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Jhumbo wrote:Hi Guys,
Since I joined this organisation, I’ve always taken my annual without informing my employers what I do with my leave days – of course this was not a requirement in my Employment Contract.
I’m due to apply for ILR shortly and just wondering if a letter from my employer in below format (plus details of my absence from the UK) would be sufficient.

To Whom It May Concern,

I write to confirm that [APPLICANT NAME] is currently employed by [COMPANY NAME] as a [DESIGNATION] at the address indicated in this letter. I can also confirm that [APPLICANT NAME] has been employed continuously by [COMPANY NAME] since
[DATE OF EMPLOYMENT] and he is entitled to [NO OF DAYS] annual leave per year in which he can use in any way he chooses. As his employer [COMPANY NAME] do not require the reason for the booked annual leave.

Should you require further information please contact the Human Resources Department within [COMPANY NAME]

Yours Sincerely,

XYZ
Human Resources Manager
My letter also stated that I did not take any additional unpaid leave during my employment and that I did not leave the UK for any work related responsibilities.

Jhumbo
Newly Registered

Re: Absence/Leave Letter

Post by Jhumbo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:58 pm

[quote="Jhumbo"]Hi Guys,

To Whom It May Concern,

Yours Sincerely,

XYZ
Human Resources Manager[/quote][quote]

Hi All,

My ILR application was approved at Liverpool PEO today.

The process took just 2 hours and my absence letter was in the above format.

I made payment (+ 1 dependant), submitted my biometrics and got my approval letter within 2 hours.

As I had no interaction with the Caseworker, I guessed my documentation was straight forward.

Thank you all.

Jhumbo[/quote]