ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement - IELTS & ESOL - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

English Requirement - IELTS & ESOL - ILR

Post by FaFa9660 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi All,

Need some confirmation from the expert here.

I am under spouse visa for 2 years and will be expire end of this year. Before i apply ILR i will need to sit for LITUK & ESOL Entry 3 (This will be official after 28th Oct 2013) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uirements1

I have a stupid question to ask and want to double confirm. I do have IELTS - 6.5band (will be expire in Sept 13) I can only apply ILR on 28th Nov 13. Can i use my IELTS to apply or still need to sit for ESOL exam? Logically i don't think they will let me use my IETLS because is expire U_U

Just want to know anyone have the same issue as me? or who has gone through this? Is ESOL test difficult?

Many thanks if someone can response to this.

reabs

Re: English Requirement - IELTS & ESOL - ILR

Post by reabs » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Unfortunately the IELTS score will have to be valid for it to be accepted. Rather than sit for ESOL which is new to you, why not re-sit IELTS which you are more familiar with?

It is one of the english tests accepted by UKBA (see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf) and if you get the same score as before (I doubt it as your English must have improved) you will be at level B2 which is higher than the B1 that is required. You would still be able to use your new IELTS for naturalisation provided you apply within the two years of its validity.

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

Re: English Requirement - IELTS & ESOL - ILR

Post by FaFa9660 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 am

reabs wrote:Unfortunately the IELTS score will have to be valid for it to be accepted. Rather than sit for ESOL which is new to you, why not re-sit IELTS which you are more familiar with?

It is one of the english tests accepted by UKBA (see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf) and if you get the same score as before (I doubt it as your English must have improved) you will be at level B2 which is higher than the B1 that is required. You would still be able to use your new IELTS for naturalisation provided you apply within the two years of its validity.
You are quite right about re-take IELTS since i tested before so i know how it is like. Like you also said unless i apply naturalisation within the 2 years then i don't have to take another English test again. That's the thing i was worry at first so thinking to sit for English test that have no expiry date. But at the meantime also worry that ESOL will be way difficult than IELTS.

I still struggle whether or not i want to go for naturalisation because my country (m'sia) do not allow dual citizenship and i don't want to lost my m'sia citizenship.

By the way thanks for the reply ^^